1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

2012 Fender American Deluxe Jazz Problem... Please HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Weshunter413, Nov 11, 2012.

1. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

I have a problem with mine....

I have taken out my electronics to copper foil the cavity and for some reason I can get the active side working again. Passive works fine SO I believe it's in the way I hooked back the batteries. I took pictures of the preamp wiring for reference to put all of it back together but I didn't take pics of the battery box or output jack. I remembering thinking the batteries are wired different then I'm used to but I can remember how.

Can someone explane how to wire the batteries from the jack to each other to the preamp. Or a link to a schematic for this.

Thanks. Wes

2. line6man

line6man

The positive terminal goes to the supply lead on the preamp, and the negative terminal goes to the ring terminal of the output jack.

3. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

I have tried that, I think I've tried everything and I've been up all night for two nights trying to fix it with no luck. I've now come to all of you hoping maybe some would be able to enlighten me. Please!

Works great in passive
    If all wires are correct could I have fried the preamp hooking the batt. up wrong?
    Is there anyway to tell if the preamp is functioning properly?

4. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

Are you sure that nothing electrical is touching the shielding?
    You can move the circuit board around a little.
    I had the same thing happen to me when I shielded mine.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mark286

mark286 Proud to be a Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Hi Wes,

Believe it or not, I took a bunch of pictures showing the connections to the output jack in my 2011 American Deluxe Jazz before I took the preamp out to replace it with the Pope Flexcore that I bought from you.

I'll send the pics to your email address and you can post them to this thread if you want. Hopefully they'll be helpful.

7. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

You are AWESOME Mark!!!! Once I get home I will make sure mine looks like yours... I will post the pics here aswell for future TBers...

8. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    Are you sure you put a battery in?

Maybe the battery is dead?

Just messin with ya. :) Hopin mark can help, and curious of the outcome.

9. Weshunter413

Weshunter413

You saved my butt Mark! That's exactly what I needed. The jack on these jazzes are very strange. I'm used to running batteries together in parallel.

Thanks again for these pics Mark.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. mark286

mark286 Proud to be a Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Good deal. Glad it all worked out!