1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

2012 Fender American Standard Precision V

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by smeet, Dec 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

2012 MIA Precision V in great shape.
    Alder body, rosewood fingerboard (looks more like morado to me), sunburst/tort.
    Weighs 9 pounds by the bathroom scale method, feels nice and light. Nice grain in the body (for alder). I'm no expert, but it actually looks like a one-piece body to me, for whatever that's worth. Classic Fender tone with a really great B string.

I previously had a 2008 MIA P5, and this one is far superior. The B string is nice and usable, and feels like a part of the bass rather than an added-on string. Great feeling neck! Fills out the mix, cuts through, and sounds wonderful.

The bass is almost perfect - a touch of light swirling on the back, and one paint chip about 1/8" across at the tip of the lower horn. I don't know how it got there, there's no dent in the wood or anything. I am the second owner and maybe it came to me that way, but I didn't notice it then. You can see the chip in a couple of the pictures.

Comes in the original Fender SKB/ATA case with the usual case candy. Currently wearing a set of thumpity-worn chromes. Mmmmm, thumpity chromes...

Asking $950, shipping included in the ConUS.

Here's a few pictures (you can see the chip at the top of the lower horn):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's the chip all close-up like:
    [​IMG]

All the pics are here: http://www.sumitdas.net/IMAGES/Equipment/Fender_P5_2012/
  2. fourtet102

fourtet102 Supporting Member

My fave bass right here....
  3. bassman blue

bassman blue Supporting Member

paypal on it's way!
  4. bassman blue

bassman blue Supporting Member

yeehaa! :) thanks bud!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member