1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

To mark your thread sold, edit the title and choose the "SOLD" prefix. See the FAQ for more info

2012 Fodera Emperor Elite II

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lamarjones, Jan 27, 2014.

1. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Currently Not For Sale!

This bass has about 15-20 minutes of play time on it and is in the exact condition I received it in, so basically like new. Obviously never gigged. Taken out of the case 3 times for cleaning over the two years and the initial checking out. I always wondered if my interests would lead me to really 'assume ownership', but it did not.

2012 Foder Emperor Elite II.

http://www.foderaguitars.com/Main/NewBornDetails.aspx?FeaturedItemID=327

To me, this top is an absolute beast. It's also chambered, and has the feature of two contrasting laminates between the top and body. And with the woods used, it has that 'fodera' sound going on but also there are some pretty classic tones in there with the alder and maple neck. Other than that:

Neck profile: thin/ fast
    Weight: 10lb EXACTLY
    Pups: Seymour Duncan dual coils
    19mm spacing, and a bunch of other specs that are listed on the newborn page.

9500 shipped in the US, out of country buyers will pay for shipping minus 100 USD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

will get proper pics soon.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    rwider likes this.
  2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Wow -- What a beauty!
  3. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Holy moley! Nice one.
  4. vision

vision Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Awesome piece.

Why didn't you connect to the instrument?
  7. groooooove

groooooove

i was wondering the same thing

if you pay nearly $10,000 for a bass and play it for 20 minutes in 2 years.... sounds like either somethings wrong or you're seriously a P-bass man no matter what..
  8. lamarjones

It wasn't the instrument. How could you connect or not connect with 20 minutes?

I just saw it as a piece of art. I have two great axes that I put dings and marks and whatever on that play just like I want them to. This bass did that out of the box, but I just couldn't see putting any wear on it. That is just me.

As for money, I've been flipping basses and instruments for over 10 years. This literally was the culmination of all that work in terms of a top quality instrument that was completely paid for by my efforts. So if you were wondering, yea it can be done. Ain't easy, but can be done.
  9. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy

Thank you Lamar. I didn't think anything was wrong with the bass. I thought you might be a collector.

I am in the market for a Fodera but this one is over my budget.

Such a great choice of woods! I really like this bass!
  10. crossstick

crossstick Gold Supporting Member

I have that same issue with my Fodera's, all my spare cash is invested in them and because of the cost of Fodera's i'm so worried about putting a ding or mark on them so they end up getting a lot less play and i never rehearse or gig with them. Just use them to record and practice.

I look after all my basses really well, but Fodera's cost to much to take out, well for me anyway.

Oh and what a beautiful instrument, good luck with your sale.
  11. crossstick

You can tell pretty quickly when you've played a lot of basses, i had a couple of Fodera's in 2012 that i knew straight away with, i thought they were amazing but i knew immediately they weren't going to work for me, tone, feel, etc.
  12. lamarjones

Yeah, there was a point where I thought it would be cool to be one, but that kind of fell out of my interests over the years. I feel lucky as is with what I use ;)
  13. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

Wood combinations are definitely a big deal when choosing a Fodera. There have been a few mahogany bodied Fodera's up for sale or trade lately and I think I know why….maybe someone bought it hoping it would be awesome and it never grew on them.

This bass of lamarjones' definitely has tried and true tone woods. Alder is a very solid bet. However, the maple board changes it up as Alder is generally paired with some form of rosewood. Reminiscent of Geddy Lee's Jazz basses to me. That Walnut top is quite quite stunning too.
  14. bassballs27

bassballs27 Supporting Member

I once remember a website that had your name on it back in the day (probably 10 years ago). Not sure if you're the same person, but I do remember a few Fodera's up for sale.

Good luck with the sale Lamar, this is a nice bass!
  15. lamarjones

That was me. It was a lot of fun at the time. And the ebony might shine things up a little but the alder and maple neck do exactly what you think it would. Thanks!
  16. bassfan15

bassfan15 Supporting Member

I own a similar model and decided to gig with it and take the risk. Great sound night after night and even if you get a couple of dings on it, it's worth the experience. If you really like an instrument, there's a point when you stop thinking about a resale value and start making it part of your sound.
    Good luck with the sale.
  17. lamarjones

Done that with a few 3-4k basses, and now I'm set with those as what I've bonded with in addition to 'my sound'. Actually I didn't want to mess with the standard electronics for this bass, but I'm totally a singles into j-retro guy.
  18. Lennard III.

Lennard III.

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Fodera Guitars , Harvest fine leather bags & straps
    I am really sorry for you :D

My latest Custom Fodera got it's first ding on day 2 on the headstock - after one year it has at least 6/7 all across the bass - I also look at my Foderas everyday because they are beautifull too but good basses need to be played .... at least to me

and BUMP

;)
  19. Lennard III.

Lennard III.

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist : Fodera Guitars , Harvest fine leather bags & straps
    That is sad to hear - I still can remember when you posted that video when you first opened the case ;)
  20. lamarjones

Yeah, it is a complete beauty for sure. And was pretty nice to see when I opened the case, as it had been a long journey. Contrary to belief though, this really isn't that sad of a situation (except the good effort from the folks at Fodera), in terms of basses I have had some actual sad situations. Someone will love this thing and all will be right ;)
  21. crossstick

Yeah i agree, i guess for me it's the basses in the $4000 range that get played the most by me, taken out the house :) However if i decided that a Fodera was "the bass" i'd run it through the ringer but if i'm unsure i protect and think resale first.

The Fodera's i like are just to heavy for me to gig with, i like Fodera's for the tone and the best sounding ones are the heaviest. Like vintage Fender J-bass, they sound great because of the weight IMO.