2012 New England GTG Sat Nov3rd (Hampton CT) NE corner

Discussion in 'Social Events & GTG's [BG]' started by TonyP-, Aug 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    Hello Folks

I’m stoked to say that we have multi room venue for the next NEW ENGLAND GTG located in the upper corner of Connecticut.

These events are always blast and you get to try some gear that your not going to find in any local music store that’s for sure. :bassist::D

The Hampton Community Center is located in the renovated "Little River Grange" building at 178 Main Street in Hampton CT.
    Time: 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM

More from the link here
    http://hamptonct.org/community.htm?id=lgzs1k44

50 min from Providence and 1.5 hr from Boston.

As usual there will be the following

- Food and Basic beverages supplied
    - Some designated Product demos in the lower room.

Talkbass member Lacuga (Bob) and his wife have been kind enough to take the lead on this.

Price is the same at just $20 per person to get it all together.
    Sp Please paypal the following ID and send a PM Lacuga that you did.

rpetix@charter.net

1st SPONSER: REV Sound
    We will have the new ‘New England’ NEO driver built cabinets there from ‘REV sound’ (4X10s under 60 lbs no joke). Check them out.
    http://www.facebook.com/Revsound?ref=stream

MORE TO COME (as they have been confirmed)
    :cool:

2. D.M.N.

D.M.N.

I'm totally in if I can figure out a way to get there. If I do, I'll back over my Sunn 200s.

3. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

FYI it is 11.5 miles from route 395 via route 6 and route 97 (0.8 miles north of route 6).

4. arbitrary

arbitrary

I will make this one

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RoadRanger

Cool! As the guy that (used to?) makes Flite cabs lives quite close to me I tried to get him to build me a couple (planning to take them to the spring GTG last year) but no joy :( . I ended up getting a couple SVT210AV's and a 212MBE so we can maybe do an ultralight cab shootout :D .

7. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Love to volunteer to present the new clinic - (it is very cool and funny)

Only stipulation is that someone needs to play Happy Birthday on their bass for me!

Mike

8. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist Supporting Member

Damn Riders . . . :D

I suppose you want green M&M's too. :D

9. RoadRanger

Traditional or Beatles? LOL

10. bassplayerbob

bassplayerbob

Looks like i am off that weekend!!! Mini roadtrip!!!

11. webelo

webelo

I'm there. This will be my first Get Together... how do these things work?

12. kjpollo

kjpollo

How do they work? Bring whatever gear you want (basses, amps, cabs, pedals) and share it with the group- you let people play your stuff and in turn, you get to play other people's stuff! Wickedly great way to try out different gear from what you own. Very much an excercise in GAS inducement!!!! You'll often get to play high end boutique basses, amps and cabs; rare producton models and highly modded basses too.

The price covers basic food (usually dogs, burgers and the like) along with soft drinks AND helps pay for the rental of the room. People can and often do bring extra food and these affairs are usually BYOB if you plan to imbibe.

I'm subbed to the thread and hopeful of attending. I wont know for sure until a bit closer to the date though.

13. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Only once in my life was I actually asked what was on my rider. Since I'm pretty easy going, I had to try and make something up

14. Thor

Thor Thanks Andy Pyle for showing me the way. Supporting Member

Media:
    Saw RickC today and he said he was interested. I am too.

I usually just buy the ticket anyway and go if I can.

Whoever was the shortscale guy, I played an EB3 for almost
    30 years. Don't be bashful bringing a couple if you want. I retired the EB3 in 2003.

I'll fire off a PP when I can, I think my info there has long expired, and I try to not use them.

Lacuga, if you just want to PM me your mailing address, I'll just snail mail you the fee now.

It's a bit of a haul from the Newport area, but I used to have relatives in Pomfret, I assume Hampton is nearby somewhere.

This time I am bringing some kind of concoction to enhanc that wonderful coffee basswave makes.

15. RoadRanger

I've brought a few before - no significant interest even for the one with the infamous "Zog" strings :D . I have about a dozen, if anyone really wants to see a particular one let me know. I might bring the Mikey Way Signature Squire Mustang anyways :D . I'll be jamming with the Hofner Galaxy CT tonight - even though it is a 30" it is almost as long as a standard P-Bass and everyone thinks it is standard scale :ninja: . The lead guitarist tonight has a '68 telecaster and Showman amp w/extension cab that he bought new and the chops to go with all that - naturally roadworn FTW :bassist: !

16. Freaky Fender

Freaky Fender

Excited for this! I may want to carpool with some southern RIers, I won't have much gear (my pedalboard and maybe my jaguar bass?)

17. logicman69

logicman69

Damn... I'll be in DC that weekend!

18. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

Cool beans! It's a bit of a haul from those of us in the northern states, but then I suppose we live up here cause we're antisocial bastards anyway. Hopefully I can make this one! Is there a deadline to register with Lacuga by?

19. jumbodbassman

jumbodbassman Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Born Again Tubey
    only 2 gigs in Nov and one is the 3rd.. will have to try and fit it in. may even have my new Bruce Johnson AMB-2 by then which as of now none are out there yet and can be compared to my johnson AEB-4...

20. easye

easye

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Curt Mangan Strings, Luther Lee Pickups
    Hey guys in nj here I have a good relation ship with the guys at luther lee pickups what does a vendor do to show his product? I am heading over next week to pickup some things would love to see if he wants to go

21. Thor

Thor Thanks Andy Pyle for showing me the way. Supporting Member

Media:
    FF, I should be able to pick you up at the park and ride. We'll coordinate later. Not sure I can find your house, that was like 10 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.