1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

2013 Fender '63 RI-Sonic Blue

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

With a recent move I am letting go of a few very beautiful precisions.I have joined a new project and need to contribute in the way of things like monitors and so forth thus I am going to have to stick with no trades on this one.

This is a recent 2013 Fender '63 RI. When I saw the $500 increase on these over the previous AV Fender line I was not happy. Then when I played one of these I realized the price increase was justified. These are fantastic instruments just like the AV line always has been but these are just a little more refined. I have owned 3 57 AV RI's, 2 62 RI P's and 2 62 RI J's along with a few necks of various AV basses and a Custom Shop '58 P. This 63 is my favorite of all of them above. Rounds are currently on the bass but you well see that a package of unopened flats are in the case.

The bass is all Original and the covers are in the case. The case is the original case in great shape. All the case candy is included. These are a very thin skinned nitro paint job and even with as little use as it has recieved its gotten a few light indents which I tried to capture in the photographs. The are light but they are there, the neck is in 100% perfect condition. Is have the covers and finger rest with all the screws I just play with them off, they will be installed before shipping. If the buyer perfers I have a white pickguard thats a direct fit with finger rest and pickup cover screws drilled factory into it I can install instead of the mint one. I would need to keep the mint one though or I have a aged pearl guard without holes for the cover and finger rest that is a direct fit. I could install that prior to shipping but again would keep the mint guard , both other guards are in good shape the aged pearl is 2 weeks old.

Anyways it plays great and I could keep writting about it but I will let the photos talk. I believe this maybe the first sonic blue one of these offered for sale here.

A TB member sent me the link to this video, mine is identical and has the covers on currently. I think he is running flats but as said there is a new pack of flats in the case!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lknXddP_L4E&feature=youtube_gdata_player

[DEL]1575[/DEL] $1500 Shipped CONUS-Rather firm at that for now but of course a local cash deal will be lower.

Payment in the form of Money Order, bank transfer, check etc no paypal

American Vintage '63 Precision Bass Specifications:
    Fingerboard radius: 7.25" (18.41 cm)
    Scale Length: 34" (86.36 cm)
    Nut Width: 1.74" (44.19 mm)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. A-Step-Towards

I just tried a unsuccesful outside shot, my camera phone cant pull it off as you can see. The AV thread has some excellent photos of these if your curious. I just moved and half my stuff wont be here tell March, camera sadly included.

[​IMG]
  3. A-Step-Towards

Just dropped the price $75 to a price one of these sold at in a matter of hours the other day. This is the only sonic blue I have seen for sale here. I am going to be firm on $1500 with shipping.

Giving this tell sunday then its eBay time.
  4. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. A-Step-Towards

I wish I knew but my scale, my good camera and half my gear is 1000 miles away tell March when I get all my other stuff down here. Sorry!
  7. A-Step-Towards

8. A-Step-Towards

9. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Classic P bass tone machine.
  10. A-Step-Towards

Considering local trades currently, but holding out a tad bit longer for cas
  11. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    Local trades, huh? Hmmm ... pm me what you're looking for. I might be persuaded :D
  12. A-Step-Towards

I am not really looking for specifics, Just a lesser bass plus cash type deal and this offer is only open to locals as I very much dislike shipping trades.
  13. sneha1965

sneha1965 Supporting Member

How does the tone sound in comparison to the 62 P AVRI?
  14. A-Step-Towards

Similar.To me at least these are a little more defined with more clarity then my previous 62's. When you turn the tone knob down its still the same thumpy P sound I got from my 62's but with the tone all the way open the notes are more clear to me on the E and A strings then any 62 I had. I can make theories as to why and one is maybe string difference, set up different etc but I am also thinking possibly because the neck is thicker the added maple makes it a little more bright. The neck is more similar in feel to my custom shop '58 P bass then to any of the '62's I had.
  15. sneha1965

Thanks for the nice review. I'm a big fan of the 62 AVRI precision pickups so wanted to know if they were of equal quality tone wise. Of course this is subjective...
  16. jsr914

jsr914 Supporting Member

Trade options sent via PM.

Free bump for a sweet looking bass and great seller too!
  17. A-Step-Towards

Pretty sure I have a trade in the works but a number of things could happen, not set in stone just yet
  18. sneha1965

Did the deal go through?
  19. A-Step-Towards

We are meeting up in 7 hours, with that said I better go to bed haha.
  20. sneha1965

Good idea. Don't want to be nodding off at the wheel later today.
  21. A-Step-Towards

And this has been traded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.