1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

2. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

2013 Fender Dimension Bass V deal in Allentown,PA

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by geddy402, Nov 3, 2013.

1. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
  2. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Boston
    id go check it out if i lived there in a second !!!

3. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I took a road trip and bought it. Thanks for the heads-up Geddy!

4. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Awesome! Glad it worked out!

By the way, how are these basses? Seem pretty versatile.

5. froghat

Jun 14, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    I'll let you know tonight after I give it a workout. It's a custom finish and very beautiful.

6. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2009
    near Dallas, Texas
  7. froghat

Jun 14, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    After a long rehearsal, I can say that I like this bass very much. I'm not good at reviews, because some of the sonic subtleties that others savor like a glass of fine wine elude me, especially in a band setting.

That said, the 5-position switch makes a noticeable change in every position. I will have to continue to experiment with what works best in any particular mix. Last night (Motown band, moderate volume) I found the middle position (full on mix of both humbuckers) gave me the best sound. Notes were distinct and punchy. Not exactly a Jamerson vibe, but I liked it. I kept the preamp knobs at the center detent except the mid, which was slightly boosted. This through an Ampeg PF-500 and GB Neox 112t cab.

The neck is a bit heavy, but there was no neck dive. Probably offset by the high-mass bridge. The string spacing feels a bit wider than my Ibanez SR905, but is still quite easy to play. The finish is a very thin lacquer over a red and black stain. It came with a new Fender 'vintage' case. Not as nice as their SKB cases, but quite serviceable.

8. geddy402

geddy402

Jul 20, 2012
    Great! Thanks for the review!