2013 Fender Dimension Bass V deal in Allentown,PA

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by geddy402, Nov 3, 2013.

1. geddy402

geddy402

2. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

id go check it out if i lived there in a second !!!
  3. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

I took a road trip and bought it. Thanks for the heads-up Geddy!
  4. geddy402

geddy402

Awesome! Glad it worked out!

By the way, how are these basses? Seem pretty versatile.
  5. froghat

I'll let you know tonight after I give it a workout. It's a custom finish and very beautiful.
  6. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

7. froghat

After a long rehearsal, I can say that I like this bass very much. I'm not good at reviews, because some of the sonic subtleties that others savor like a glass of fine wine elude me, especially in a band setting.

That said, the 5-position switch makes a noticeable change in every position. I will have to continue to experiment with what works best in any particular mix. Last night (Motown band, moderate volume) I found the middle position (full on mix of both humbuckers) gave me the best sound. Notes were distinct and punchy. Not exactly a Jamerson vibe, but I liked it. I kept the preamp knobs at the center detent except the mid, which was slightly boosted. This through an Ampeg PF-500 and GB Neox 112t cab.

The neck is a bit heavy, but there was no neck dive. Probably offset by the high-mass bridge. The string spacing feels a bit wider than my Ibanez SR905, but is still quite easy to play. The finish is a very thin lacquer over a red and black stain. It came with a new Fender 'vintage' case. Not as nice as their SKB cases, but quite serviceable.
  8. geddy402

geddy402

Great! Thanks for the review!