1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

2013 Fender Dimension Bass V deal in Allentown,PA

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by geddy402, Nov 3, 2013.

1. geddy402

geddy402 Supporting Member

2. Tunaman

Tunaman Supporting Member

id go check it out if i lived there in a second !!!
  3. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

I took a road trip and bought it. Thanks for the heads-up Geddy!
  4. geddy402

Awesome! Glad it worked out!

By the way, how are these basses? Seem pretty versatile.
  5. froghat

I'll let you know tonight after I give it a workout. It's a custom finish and very beautiful.
  6. morrisonhendrix

morrisonhendrix Supporting Member

7. froghat

After a long rehearsal, I can say that I like this bass very much. I'm not good at reviews, because some of the sonic subtleties that others savor like a glass of fine wine elude me, especially in a band setting.

That said, the 5-position switch makes a noticeable change in every position. I will have to continue to experiment with what works best in any particular mix. Last night (Motown band, moderate volume) I found the middle position (full on mix of both humbuckers) gave me the best sound. Notes were distinct and punchy. Not exactly a Jamerson vibe, but I liked it. I kept the preamp knobs at the center detent except the mid, which was slightly boosted. This through an Ampeg PF-500 and GB Neox 112t cab.

The neck is a bit heavy, but there was no neck dive. Probably offset by the high-mass bridge. The string spacing feels a bit wider than my Ibanez SR905, but is still quite easy to play. The finish is a very thin lacquer over a red and black stain. It came with a new Fender 'vintage' case. Not as nice as their SKB cases, but quite serviceable.
  8. geddy402

Great! Thanks for the review!