1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD 2013 Fender Squier P5 w/Mods & HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

I bought this bass new about 3 months ago from Sweetwater and I have really been enjoying it. It's an amazing bass for the price. I modded it slightly by replacing the string retainer "bar" with a pair of Hipshot string retainers like I have on my Custom Shop 5 string jazz bass. It's a great playing and sounding bass for the bucks and it only weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces so it won't break your back like some Squier basses.

The "only" reason that I am listing this for sale is because I have an opportunity to pick up a US made Fender version of the same bass as part of a trade plus cash deal. I need to move this (if I can) to generate the needed cash.

So I am offering up this brand new bass with hipshot string retainers and a hard shell case for only $380.00 shipped in the CONUS.

PayPal is fine and I don't need any trade offers for obvious reasons (see my reason for selling above)!

Photos can be seen here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lijd00honfqsvfz/uYTnUUQLuL

2. bassmanbrad

bassmanbrad

Nice bass. Wondering about neck width/shape, string spacing and action. Any idea how it compares to a Roscoe Beck size wise?

3. swpyne

The neck feels similar to a traditional P neck, just a little wider and maybe a touch thinner from front to back. A little bit more of a modern profile I believe.

I think the string spacing is 19mm (will verify). I have owned two Roscoe Beck 5 strings and I was never able to get comfortable with them because of their non-traditional neck shape. The neck on the P5 is much more comfortable from my perspective. The action is currently set quite low which is how I typically like it being mostly a finger style player.

This new generation of Squier basses are a lot nicer than previous years models. They are much lighter and more resonant. If I can't move this one I'll be fine just keeping it.

Just wanted to see if I could manage to turn it into a little cash so I could jump on a US P5.

4. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

That looks as pretty as any $2k+ P5. Bump for a great seller and a great deal!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aproud1

aproud1 Don't surround yourself with yourself. Gold Supporting Member

I have the Olympic white version of this bass and it is truly excellent. I love it. Didn't do any mods or fretwork plays and sounds excellent with a great B string.

GLWTS.

7. swpyne

Thanks for the testimonials guys! These basses are indeed a great value.....

8. swpyne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.