SOLD 2013 Fender Squier P5 w/Mods & HSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by swpyne, Dec 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swpyne

swpyne Basses R Loaded! Gold Supporting Member

I bought this bass new about 3 months ago from Sweetwater and I have really been enjoying it. It's an amazing bass for the price. I modded it slightly by replacing the string retainer "bar" with a pair of Hipshot string retainers like I have on my Custom Shop 5 string jazz bass. It's a great playing and sounding bass for the bucks and it only weighs 9 pounds 5 ounces so it won't break your back like some Squier basses.

The "only" reason that I am listing this for sale is because I have an opportunity to pick up a US made Fender version of the same bass as part of a trade plus cash deal. I need to move this (if I can) to generate the needed cash.

So I am offering up this brand new bass with hipshot string retainers and a hard shell case for only $380.00 shipped in the CONUS.

PayPal is fine and I don't need any trade offers for obvious reasons (see my reason for selling above)!

Photos can be seen here:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lijd00honfqsvfz/uYTnUUQLuL

2. bassmanbrad

bassmanbrad Supporting Member

Nice bass. Wondering about neck width/shape, string spacing and action. Any idea how it compares to a Roscoe Beck size wise?

3. swpyne

The neck feels similar to a traditional P neck, just a little wider and maybe a touch thinner from front to back. A little bit more of a modern profile I believe.

I think the string spacing is 19mm (will verify). I have owned two Roscoe Beck 5 strings and I was never able to get comfortable with them because of their non-traditional neck shape. The neck on the P5 is much more comfortable from my perspective. The action is currently set quite low which is how I typically like it being mostly a finger style player.

This new generation of Squier basses are a lot nicer than previous years models. They are much lighter and more resonant. If I can't move this one I'll be fine just keeping it.

Just wanted to see if I could manage to turn it into a little cash so I could jump on a US P5.

4. JEDI BASS

JEDI BASS Supporting Member

That looks as pretty as any $2k+ P5. Bump for a great seller and a great deal!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. aproud1

aproud1 I don't feel tardy? Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    I have the Olympic white version of this bass and it is truly excellent. I love it. Didn't do any mods or fretwork plays and sounds excellent with a great B string.

GLWTS.

7. swpyne

Thanks for the testimonials guys! These basses are indeed a great value.....

8. swpyne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.