1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

2013 Gibson Les Paul Bass - FS Only

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by BuffaloBob4343, Sep 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BuffaloBob4343

BuffaloBob4343 Supporting Member

First and ONLY price drop. Now $1200 shipped CONUSA. If I can't get that for it, it stays. This is too nice a bass to give away to satisfy my GAS. I'll just have to work and save even harder instead!!

I picked up this As New Les Paul Bass recently from fellow TBer Starmann, and it actually exceeded my expectations.

Previous Sale Thread: http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f126/fs-only-2013-black-les-paul-bass-moving-price-1008975/

It is drop dead sexy with the Ebony and chrome, along with the bound body and fingerboard. The fit and finish is near perfect and once I gave it a set-up (lowered the action, the pups and ever so slightly tweaked the truss rod), this thing plays like butta.

It has an amazing tonal palette, which ranges from huge thump and whump to a really nice almost P-bass like low-mid growl. It is nicely mid-present but you can dial in a really focused top end as well. Very punchy. I was going to use it for a Country gig I just picked up, but this could do classic to modern rock with an attitude. While these PUPS are the Gibson Thunderbird (TB) pups and are passive, their output exceeds that of my two active Dingwalls. They can get LOUD!!

It is set up with a V-T for each pup, plus you get the toggle switch that can give you each PUP solo or the two together. So the tonal possibilities are almost overwhelming.

The bass is well-balanced and only like 9.4 pounds with the chambered mahogany body. It also balances very nicely, as Gibson has updated both the headstock and the body size to give it great proportion.

So, I was all set to start working this bass into my regular rotation, but just found out that I have a chance to buy back a bass that I have regretted selling for like 7 years. I really wanted to sell my Dingwall Z2 to fund my re-purchase, but the Z2 needs to be repaired first before I can sell it.

So, in order to not to miss my opportunity (and I swore I never would), I am reluctantly putting this killer bass up for sale. I need to get the wheels in motion to get my baby back!!

These are like $1695 brand new, and I doubt (save for a few light swirls), you will find one as new looking. The OHS case literally knocks you over with new bass smell!

Looking to get $1200 shipped CONUSA. PayPal is good.

I will take some more pics tomorrow, but here are the two from Starmann's thread to start.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. BuffaloBob4343

Thanks brother. PM's answered.
  3. BuffaloBob4343

Bump for listing on the EvilBay. :spit::)
  4. starmann

starmann Flats and Fingers Supporting Member

I can't believe this is still here.

Great price and I can vouch for its quality...It used to be mine:bassist:
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Nice looking bass!

Both electric guitars in our band play Les Paul's do this would be cool....if only or were a fiver!

Glwts!
  7. BuffaloBob4343

It's really pretty sexy!

I actually like 4 strings when the song doesn't require a fiver. If this sticks around long enough, I'll be able to buy my old bass and end up keeping it. The original owner is giving me time to come up with the money anyway.

It really has an awesome sound, and it would really look good with my new country gig.
  8. BuffaloBob4343

Bump for price drop. See above^^^^^^^^:eek:
  9. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

10. BuffaloBob4343

All PM's applied. Still available, but maybe not much longer. :bassist:
  11. BuffaloBob4343

This sexy beast is on hold pending receipt of payment.
  12. BuffaloBob4343

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.