2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees Announced

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 21, 2013.

1. Richland123

Richland123

2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees Announced

http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/17/showbiz/rock-and-roll-hall-of-fame-2014/

Performers

Kiss
    Hall & Oates
    Peter Gabriel
    Linda Ronstadt
    Cat Stevens
    Nirvana

Alongside the six acts in the performer category for 2014, the work of Beatles manager Brian Epstein and Rolling Stones manager Andrew Loog Oldham were selected for the Ahmet Ertegun Award, which recognizes recording industry professionals "who have had a major influence on the development of rock and roll."

The Hall of Fame chose Bruce Springsteen's backup group The E Street Band for the Award for Musical Excellence. Springsteen was inducted in 1999.

2. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

Media:
    Seeing Nirvana should be fun. Dave can sing and play drums while Pat plays guitar. :bassist:

3. electracoyote

electracoyote

Could be a bangin' induction party and performances. Tons of amazing music made by those artists.

4. shawshank72

shawshank72

So great to see nirvana added but sad that they will perform without Kurt.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive Supporting Member

Media:
    Or have Dave sing and play guitar while Dale from the Melvins drums.

It won't happen, but its got my vote.

7. tkonbass

tkonbass I'm just one of the out-of-focus guys. Gold Supporting Member

Albums:
    Good selections. Sounds like a deserving group all around.

8. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

Gabriel should have been in years ago. While I never was hooked on his stuff, I always respected it's brilliance in construction and presentation, which is 90% of the battle. I was just more into other stuff.

9. Richland123

Richland123

I don't think anybody can dispute this list of well deserving, and some long overdue, inductees.

10. Clouz

Clouz The Ayatollah of Jack and Cola Supporting Member

the rock n roll hall of fame is lame. there are tons of groups/people who should be in there that aren't.

11. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

If you look at the acts that are already in (the HOF). A very good argument can be made the most if not all of these acts should have been in earlier. Glad they finally have a good group of musicians going in that really represent rock.:bassist:

12. Richland123

Richland123

It would have been nice if they would have included Deep Purple this year since they were nominated the last two years and Yes should have made it as well. Maybe next year will work out for those bands; but, they should have been in long ago as well.

I sure hope that some other long overlooked acts are not far behind either.

13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    The Hall of Fame is and always has been a joke. Too many bands who should be there and are not and too many who are in who shouldn't be.

I think all of this year's group are well deserved except Nirvana. 3 studio albums and they get in? How can anyone even compare what Nirvana did with the other nominees? Songs in which the instruments had no clarity or definition, lyrics which were screamed to the point of almost being inaudible. I know some people are going to say that they defined an era, etc. I don't buy that argument and it's still not nearly enough in my opinion.

14. jerry

jerry Definitely not trending Gold Supporting Member

Like them or not, Nirvana changed the scene on a very large scale. I don't think Buddy Holly had three albums out before he died.

15. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

It's definitely an interesting list of inductees. Nirvana absolutely deserved to be a first ballot induction given the way they completely changed the landscape of rock music with the release of Nevermind.

As for KISS getting in? The only reason I'm glad it's happening is because I won't have to hear KISS fans complain about their favorite band being snubbed. Personally, I don't see their musical contributions as noteworthy in any way, shape or form. And their most significant achievements were in stage craft and pyro. Otherwise, whenever a KISS song comes on my radio I find myself tuning away and all of a sudden appreciating middling 70's bands like Grand Funk or Bad Company.

16. Bass Fund

Bass Fund Banned

It would be nice to see the four original members of KISS jam one more time. I just don't think the Hall of Fame would allow for bombs and circus stage antics, like a real KISS show.

17. arginator

arginator Supporting Member

+1

Any group that was around for a relatively short time, yet had such a huge impact, is obviously significant.

Yes, sad that they're being inducted without Kurt.

18. overclockerd

overclockerd

Nice list and a deserving group overall, Nirvana should be fun !

19. 10cc

10cc

I love the Genesis with PG. Loved KISS until they dumped the makeup, I hope Peter and Ace will be playing. I wonder if Nirvana would suck now or still be a band if Kurt was alive? Never was a fan back then. Ronstadt, well she's always been good at what she does.

20. electracoyote

electracoyote

Is Courtney gonna crash the party? Oh god, please keep her off the stage.

Security!

21. cableguy

cableguy Supporting Member

That's very funny and a very scary thought at the same time..........:ninja: