1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

20th Anniversary Squire Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Boom762, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Boom762

Boom762 Hartke Whore - I AM the one who Booms! Supporting Member

My roomate owns one and never plays it. I hit him up on if hed sell it. He doesnt kow much about it outside whats in the title. He claims he traded a drumset for it.

Whats it worth in used, like new condition by second owner?

I was going to throw $100 at him for it but he seems to think its worth more.

2. Splods

Splods

Media:
    If it's in good condition, try for 150 and a couple of beers.

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

I am not aware of any 20th Anniversary MODEL of Squier basses, so in essence this would simply be a Squier bass that was produced in the 20th Anniversary year (2002) ... it should have a 20th Anniversary neck plate on it, that would be the only difference .. and it would be either an Affinity, Standard, or Showmaster series bass .. what it is, and its condition (weight, strings, etc. also) would tend to dictate what a fair price would be ... if you want to supply more information on it I would be able to help identify ...

4. dStar

dStar Supporting Member

+1 but buy the beers first!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/whats-my-squier-precision-20th-anniversary-worth-selling-656549/

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/nbd-squier-precision-20th-anniversary-777514/

[​IMG]

7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

It drives me nuts that Fender does this. Denoting the nth anniversary of the company by throwing special tags on every instrument they produce that year.

"Hey what do you think of my 60th anniversary Precision bass?"
    "Well, that's not really a 60th anniversary 'of' the Precision bass. It's the 60th anniversary of the company. This one HERE is what a 60th anniversary of the Precision looks like"
    :rollno:

8. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

ubnomnar, I may be missing something from the links provided, but one is of a Limited Edition Affinity P Bass that Squier offered in 2003 (non anniversary year) (silver with matching headstock), and the other is just a regular old Squier Affinity from 2002 (20th Anniv year) that has been modified and disguised to be something else ?? ...

... and yes, that is the neckplate I mentioned ... anyone want to buy one, I have one you can have for $5 (see Misc in classifieds) ... came off of an '02 Squier Standard Series Jazz ... nothing special about it other than that neckplate ... I wont put it on Ebay, or somebody will stick it on some bass and tell an unsuspecting buyer there is something special about it, and try to charge them another $50-100 for it ...

9. ubnomnar

ubnomnar Supporting Member Supporting Member

The post is meant to show that other TBer's ask this question all the time and it is confusing to both owners and buyers since Fender and Squier slap "Special Nameplates" on anything for any reason.

A Squier bass with a "20th Anniversary" neck plate on it may not be a 20th Anniversary "Model" by your definition... but it seems that tens of thousands (at least) of them must exist.

Only the market can determine if they are worth more than a similar Squier bass without the "20th Anniversary" neck plate.