210 cab that sounds like the über 210

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by FunkyMcNasty, Jan 9, 2014.

1. FunkyMcNasty

FunkyMcNasty Supporting Member

I am wanting to know if there is a 210 cab, that is still in production or at least easy to find, that has the same mid-range voicing of the Genz Benz über 210 & 410 cabs. I have owned both of the über cabs, loved them, but am now playing 112's and find something missing. I am not a bass audio expert, as are some of you, so I am not that good at explaining in terms of freq ranges that I prefer. I just know that I loved the Genz Uber stuff, and wanted to know if there is something else out there that I'd like.

With the 12's I've been using I find something missing in regards to punch and particularly mid range punch when slapping. As a reference I've recently used Bergantino AE-112's, CN-112's, Aguilar SL-112's, & DB-112's. I find that 10's suit me more. I don't want to turn this into a 10 vs 12 driver debate. I simply want opinions from guys that have played the Uber stuff and have also found something that sounds similar, maybe lighter, that is still being made or easy to find.
    svtb15 likes this.
  2. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    Im looking for one or two Uber 210s.. . The 410 IMO blows away the bergantino for what i like....
    Just cant find the Uber 210 anymore...
  3. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Not sure this will be much help, but as an Uber 212 user, (and I love this cab), the only other cabs I own are Aguilar DB series, both the 210 and 112nt. In my case, nothing sounds as big as the Uber 212, but both the Aggie cabs have a similar tonal voice, to my ears.
  4. svtb15

svtb15

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist:Alleva-Coppolo| MESA |Genz-Benz R.I.P.|REDDI|Westone
    i done with aggys.... i had 9 of them over the years ... DB and GS, 112s 212s, 410.... for a while i was using 4 x gs112 cabs with my svt or crown amp.... i was always twisting knobs with those cabs...same with the newfangled DB122s.. thought it would solve the proble... it didnt... with tweets off they are dark ... with tweet on they are too much what i dont like in a tweet... i prefer the Mesa cabs... That is a monster 112 cab.......The Db cabs are similar if not the same speaker motors as the GS only different cab type and honestly, they are just not my thing....
    got my genz cabs and sold the aggies years ago.... been happy... just need a pair of uber 210 cabs now
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. shoot-r

shoot-r

If you can't locate any, maybe contact Don at LowDownSound and see if he can build you two exact copies of the G.B. uber 210 cabinets?