210 vs 115 for low end?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by littlebooner, Nov 20, 2012.

1. littlebooner

littlebooner

Hey everyone, looking to pick up a Hartke Hydrive combo, either 115c or 210c. I play a G & L L2500. I've heard arguments about needing a 15 to get enough low end. But I've also heard that a 210 can still get that low end (roughly same amount of air being moved as a 15) but will have tighter articulation of the notes.

Just curious what people's experiences are on this. Ultimately I will have to sit down and play both for a significant amount of time to decide for myself but other thoughts are always welcome.

2. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I'm no expert, but i heard it all depends on how the cab is made and ported. thats just what I heard. Kinda sounds silly to me because big speaker just seems like its gonna make big bass. I personally have played through 410's, 210's, 112's, 212's, 810's, 115's, and 215's and I always seem to go back to loving 15's because of how they handle my low B on my Stingray 5. Thats just me though.

3. jlepre

jlepre

IT all depends on the speaker, and how the cab is designed. Some 2x10 cabs will go deeper than some 15's. I personally like 15's for their warm woolly bass. Let your ears decide.

4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I would personally go for the 210. Then down the road get a 1x15 cab to place underneath it.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Green Lantern

Green Lantern

If you go Hartke get the 15.

7. Bmorefoozler

Bmorefoozler

Being as this is NOT a generic question, and very specific about a certain maker of cabs...

If no one with personal experience chimes in, and you can't make it to a Sam Ash, try PM'ing Larry Hartke. I'm sure he would he hapy to answer your inquiry, and as you can tell by his name, he should have the answer.