212 vertical stack

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sandman357, Feb 9, 2013.

1. sandman357

sandman357

Hi, I have been searching the threads reading up on various cab. configurations. I don't want to spark yet another debate among the cabinet police:) But does anyone know anything about TC Electronic? I am interested in their RS212 Bass Cab. I like how it looks like it is designed for a vertical stack. Thinking of getting one cab now and another one down the road.

http://www.zzounds.com/item--TCERS212

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.
  2. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

Very nice cabs IMO, and quite reasonable. I love the RS210. I am not familiar with the 212 version but it gets good reviews.

Eminence ceramic drivers with a BEAUTIFUL sounding coax tweeters Be aware the 212 is not quite as small as it looks, since it is quite deep, and with the rear ports, takes up a bit of real estate on stage. A bit heavy, but not crazy.

The biggest downside to me is the relatively fragile spray on finish (they actually did improve that after the first few cab runs though). You need the covers that they offer to keep them looking good. If you do get two, always use the same 'bottom' cab, because the top of that cab will get a bit scratched up. I actually 'fixed' that by installing heavy duty rubber feet on my RS210.
  3. 4-string

4-string Supporting Member

The RS212 is a great cab, two of them would make a killer stack. So would a pair of the RS210s, and believe it or not the 210/212 stack works very, very well too. :)
    (I'm one of those blasphemous maniacs running mixed cabs, spesifically a RS210/RS212 stack).

The RS cabs sound beautiful IMO, plenty of mids going on and a sweet tweeter that never sounds harsh.
  4. sandman357

sandman357

Thanks. I just found the TC Electronic review thread and am reading through it. Good point about the size of the 212s. My next question was going to be what are the thoughts of mixing the 212 and 210. I know most on here do not think mixing drivers is a good idea, but this set sort of looks like it was made to mix and match vertically. Like many here, I play in everything from very small bars to outdoor festivals and fairs. I really like the idea of using the 210 for small bars, 212 for midsized places and stacking them for larger venues and outdoor gigs....
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I would just get three RS 212's... :bag:
  7. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I haven't heard any negatives on that 12/10 stack at all. The cool thing is, the cabs are the same width, so they look very nice stacked vertically. The 212 will just extend back another half foot or so.
  8. GRAHAM SG1

GRAHAM SG1

FWIW, I had the TC BC 212s and did not rate them much, they farted very easily, the covering marked easily and they were generally not great cabs, this is all IMO/IME of course
  9. KJung

KJung Supporting Member

I believe we are talking about the RS cabs here. I have no experience with that lower line of cabs.
  10. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

That TC vertical 212 is a nice design! I had a GK Neo 212 and loved the tone but found it a bit too boxy to be easily moved around. I switched to two Neo 112's stacked vertically. Had I known about the TC 212 I may have went with it instead.