1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

24 Fret Fenders

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SolarMan, Jan 30, 2014.

1. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

2. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

They're not that rare and not particularly well built, in my experience. The preamps are notoriously shoddy.
  3. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

Yes, that is a FenderJ24. I have the 4 string version. Mine does not have the active /passive switch. They are very well built basses and for many years it was my main axe. They come with Bassline pickups, a high mass bridge and a very usable EQ. The fit and finish is as nice as any Fender I have touched. They have select alder bodies and they we're considered 'Deluxe' when Fender put them out. I have seen a few of them listed here. It's a very nice bass and I would recommend it.
  4. vernhillbass

vernhillbass

I just noticed he wanted $625. The ones I have seen here are $400 to $500. The preamp is not the greatest, as the previous poster stated, but it can be upgraded. I will put mine up against any Fender for quality of build, however.
  5. pica

pica

There is one for sale here in the classifieds. The guy has been trying to sell it for like two months. I had one of these a while back. It's a nice bass. I wouldn't pay $625 for it.
  6. Sav'nBass

Sav'nBass Supporting Member

I have one...
    [​IMG]
    ... they are good basses. I paid $600 for mine a few years ago from right here... but mine came with a U-Retro preamp in it.. Stock you should pay more in the $475-$575 range. It is a well made bass. I would ask this guy to go down to $550 and see what he says..
  7. TolerancEJ

TolerancEJ

The Stu Hamm Urge basses had 24 frets. Used ones are not particularly expensive and turn up frequently.
  8. Jimtoonz

Jimtoonz Supporting Member

9. SolarMan

SolarMan Supporting Member

All of your responses are appreciated. I decided to keep looking (for a used Jazz). Thanks
  10. plankspanker13

plankspanker13

I loved mine, but it was caught up in my horse-trading that resulted in a USA G&L (no regrets). I would not pay over $500 for a used one, though.