2x8 combo amps- TC Electronic VS Markbass

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by groooooove, Jan 21, 2014.

1. groooooove

groooooove

http://www.markbass.it/product_detail.php?id=241

http://www.tcelectronic.com/bg250-208/

has anyone tried both?

i own a markbass minimark, the original 2x6. i love it and consider it- or a similar product like it- absolutely essential after having owned it for a while.

weight is absolutely essential for this type of thing, and nothing worthwhile will ever weigh less than the 2x6 minimark- its under 21 pounds. but i wonder if for ~5 pounds more, maybe it might be worth the extra air moving from 2x8.

i guess to some extent this is also a question of markbass VS TC, i love markbass heads, dont really like their cabs, but have very limited experience with anything TC.

so lets hear it.

are these the ultimate portable combos? by "portable" (my standards, at least) i need to be able to walk about half a mile carrying the amp, with a gigbag on my back, and pushing a DB on a wheel (i have to do that regularly.) the 2x6 markbass is a pain (21 pounds is light for an amp, but its still 21 pounds) but i do it all the time.

2. bccbass

bccbass

I've played the MB cmd 121p side by side with the TC 208 last week at rehearsal (three piece- drums and guitar) I wouldn't consider the 208 (or 121) a throw over your back and walk a half mile combo. Both are under 30lb. and perform nicely. But even at their weight, I wouldn't consider that portable.

3. groooooove

groooooove

thats what i was thinking- even walking with the 20LB minimark it sucks.

but if the volume / performance was significantly better i'd consider it.

i like the sound of the markbass, i just wish it had more oomph (obviously.) with any good extension cabinet it really opens up the low end, which is nice.