1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

3-band-eq with fade-pot + pups for jazz bass?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by 2meterbassman, Feb 17, 2013.

1. 2meterbassman

2meterbassman

Hi there,

I'm looking or a PU and electronics set with the following specs:

- 2 Jazz Bass pups
    - 4 pots-electronics: pu-fade, bass, middle, treble (with center function, so each for adding and substracting)
    - a "slap-switch", but only maybe, it isn't a must
    - no volume pot needed

Is there anything like this in the market?

Thx and Greetz
  2. line6man

line6man

Just about any 3-band preamp will work, except that most don't have slap switches.
  3. 72LML

72LML Supporting Member

Check out Symoure Duncan. The STC-3A (made for active pickups) has everything you want plus the slap switch. the only thing is is the bass and treble pots are stacked. So you controls layout is.

-Volume w/push pull pot for slap contour
    -Blend
    -Mid
    -Stacked Bass/Treble

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SEYMOUR-DUN...843?pt=Guitar_Accessories&hash=item4d07b1029b

Or the STC-3P for passive pickups is the same layout but for passive pickups.

http://www.amazon.com/Seymour-Duncan-Circuits-Passive-Pickups/dp/B0047A3VR8
  4. Davo-London

Davo-London

No volume would bother me!

When I put my bass on a stand I always turn the bass volume off.

Davo
  5. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I throw a killswitch on all of my basses for just that reason.

However, I use a vol/vol setup for pickup blending, so I don't know that I'd be happy enough with just a blend pot to do that.