1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

3 bows 175$-925$

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses & Bows' started by Meddle771, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Meddle771

Meddle771

SOLD Finale French carbon fiber bow. I'd say very good condition overall. Bought it almost exactly one year ago to the day. Comes with original Finale Case. I had it re-haired in March to white hair from the salt and pepper it came with. I had the original grip and winding taken off as I and my teacher found it to be generally useless. Had one put on professionally by Lee Guthrie. It only adds 2-3 grams of weight, it didn't negatively impact the balance at all in my or my teachers opinion. Much more comfortable for my thumb, and allows you to "dig" in with your pointer finger and apply pressure, when necessary, and not have it slip all over the place like it does when on the previous metal winding. I purposefully scuffed a groove into the part of it up where my pointer finger rests to make it even more comfy which makes it not look the best, but I tried to show in a picture that you can't really see that part. I broke the strap that came with the original bow case, so I took one off a heavy leather briefcase. The latches/connecting metal thingys are much more well built and the strap pad is much more comfy, as I carry it often like that.

Looking for 280$ shipped continental us.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113578225@N06/sets/72157639462327434/

Unlabeled brazilwood German bow. I'd say it's in fair condition. I would not classify it under the same category as most 150$ starter brazilwood bows. I've played more than a few fine bows, and have owned some very cheap ones, and this one plays better than any one I've ever played that was less than 200$ new. Top of the tip is very slightly chipped and a couple scratches, one edge of the frog is chipped, a small piece is missing from the non-original screw. Absolutely none of this effects functionality or structural integrity. Informally appraised at 220-240 in this condition. The screw holds the hair tension 100%. Tried to show everything in the pictures. Despite all that, I'm confident it plays balances and bounces better than anything else in this price range and that you'll be happy with it. Stick length 27.5in, stick with screw 29.75, playable hair length 22.25. I'll get the weight in a day or two.

Looking for 175$ shipped continental us

Drop to 150

http://www.flickr.com/photos/113578225@N06/sets/72157639462497903/
  2. Meddle771

Meddle771

3. roberttarantino

roberttarantino

I sent you a message regarding the Finale carbon fiber bow last night. Is it still available? Thanks.
  4. LouisF

LouisF Supporting Member

Did you ever get a weight for the Cliff Johnson bow?

Thanks
    Louis
  5. Meddle771

Meddle771

I had forgotten about the weight. I will be able to get it on Wednesday. Thanks
  6. Meddle771

Meddle771

Weight of the Cliff Johnson is 136g
  7. Meddle771

Meddle771