1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

3 Dudes. Isolated in an Attic for a Week. Recorded an EP (Free DL).

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Crunka, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Crunka

Crunka

My band Village has been around for a year now, and we've played some shows. However, my guitarist moved to LA since last summer (we live in NorCal: Stockton), so playing and recording has been pretty tough considering college/work. Two weeks ago, we were all free, so, my drummer and I went to LA and stayed at my guitarist's house.

My guitarist has an attic and we recorded in there. 8-12 hours a day for 5 days.

We used:
    Tascam US-1641
    Macbook Pro with Logic Pro 9
    Crappy CAD Percussion Mics (4)
    SM-57

https://soundcloud.com/village-4/sets/village

It was a great experience and it was hard work as well. It would be great if you could take a listen and even better if I got some feedback!

Much love, TalkBass!
  2. Crunka

Crunka

3. nutso42

nutso42

Sounds like an interesting experiment!

Internet's running slow, so I can't hear the music yet, maybe in a bit.
  4. Crunka

Crunka

Anyone? :( lol
  5. millsbass5

millsbass5

It definitely has a haunting quality to it.

CesarGraciejiujitsuDontbescaredhomie209
  6. RAMUSIC

RAMUSIC

One day per song is pretty good. I'm just getting started listening to it. I like that the vocals are back in the mix instead of being blared out in front of the instrumentation. Upbeat, yet laid back and mellow.

+1 wish I had a week in an attic...
  7. mebusdriver

mebusdriver

Nice!! Fellow bij'er and Diaz fan to boot!