1. Please note: We are performing several software upgrades tonight, Sept 29th. Please bear with us. You may notice some formatting issues and other bugs.

30 seconds to mars

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by JacoLesFlea, Mar 6, 2014.

1. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

I am more of an old school rocker Zep, Sabbath, Rush, Hendrix, Skynyrd,Soundgarden,STP,Nirvana, you get the idea. Anyways the only thing I can relate to 30 S t M is Jared Leto and I dont even know what he plays in the band never heard one song of theirs either. I was switching stations in my car and the dj says something about Jared Letos speech at the oscars and says heres 30 S t M. I was really impressed. While the song was playing the title of it was scrolling across my car stereos station display. It was called The killing (bury me). Is all their music like that? Thought I would ask before I pursue this band any further. Thanks.

The song is called The Kill. Like I said never heard any of their stuff.

2. Milk

Milk

Allegedly Leto writes most of the songs. Lyrics and music. I happen to think this band, like the rest of Leto's career, is terrible but that is just my tastes. But anyway, what i just wanted to say is that you CAN listen to whole records on youtube. That's usually what i do before i decide if i want a record or just some songs off it. You'll find full albums uploaded. I know for a fact the 30STM albums are on there.

3. Session1969

Session1969 Gold Supporting Member

I saw this video as an initial introduction. I thought it was pretty cool. I didn't know the singer is an actor, or was in Dallas Buyers Club. I'm impressed because I saw that movie and it was very good. I can understand the Oscar wins.

4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

30 Seconds To Mars vs. Dogstar. Who wins?

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. vbchaos

vbchaos

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    30 seconds the mars is quite cool imho. I like the songwriting! But they are no live act, I like their studio work and I have all their albums. Saw them live once and it was horrible

7. bigfatbass

bigfatbass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Karl Hoyt Basses
    Fairly cool band, but not my style. Much better on record, in spite of the fact they really can sing and play well (especially the drummer). Leto spends the entire show enticing the crowd to scream, makes some noise, etc. every other word. Ridiculously forced, and one of the fakest looking front men I have ever seen. Boy bands are more believable than that dude on a mic. Think Mark Wahlberg in Rock Star.

Stick to the records and the prefab videos.