34" Spector Euro 5LX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Son of Bovril, Jan 4, 2014.

1. As the heading implies, did they ever make a 34" Euro 5LX?

I have an older one with the DC pups and the EMG 2 band preamp

Everywhere I read they talk about the Spectors being 35" but mine doesn't feel like a 35" or require longer strings like the other 35" basses I know...
  2. peledog

peledog Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I think when Spector started using 'Euro' instead of NS5CR - around 1999 or 2000 (?) - they switched to 35" scale.
  3. So I possibly have an NS5CR not a Euro?
  4. dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
  5. Sponsored by:

6. gene beauchamp

gene beauchamp

Jul 15, 2012
    Measure from the nut to the edge of bridge saddle and that will tell you,
  7. Right from PJ himself regarding the scale change:

> Subject: Re: Green Euro 5
    > I am always happy to help.
    > 2001 produced Euro5 would be 35" scale. the scale change was in 1999.
    > PJ
  8. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Seattle / Tacoma
    The older 34" five string basses are hard to find. They would be the dot inlay necks with the SSD headstock logo. They might have made a few crown inlay 34" fivers, but I havent seen one. My '99 was a 35 incher, and after a while my left hand hurt.

Oh and Euro doesn't mean its an LX. They were made for years before the LX version came out.
  9. bunkaroo

Apr 25, 2003
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses
  10. It is a dark transparent green color with crown inlays and flamed maple wings, I'll post the serial no. Tonight when I get a chance

I have since replaced the EMG BTC with a Bart 3 band with variable mid switch and would like to add the EMG TW pickups as well to give it some singlecoil options
  11. yeldarb69 (Brad)

yeldarb69 (Brad) Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Like it was said earlier,measure from the nut to the end of the 12th fret.If it is 17" it is a 34",if it is 17 1/2" it is a 35".This is the easiest way to tell.

12. Thanx Yeldarb69 will do tonight
  13. After doing a fair bit of research It appears I have an NS5CRFM which is indeed a 34" neck after measuring
  14. For future reference, the guys at spector are great with customer service and a quick email with a pic of the back of the headstock (serial number) should get you a quick response on build year, scale length, stock pre, etc.

One of the reasons why I love this company so much!
  15. Thanx Dukeisdog :) much appreciated!