3leaf Audio Groove Regulator 2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Eric!, Sep 25, 2010.

1. Eric!

Eric!

Just to make things more clear, and give an appropriate title.

Spencer! is working on the 'Tron clone, the original Groove Regulators are on blowout, and he's released the Groove Regulator 2

Click for more info!
    [​IMG]

* Wet/Dry Blend
    * Internal lowpass/bandpass switch
    * Internal gain trimpot
    * Internal true/buffered bypass switch. When in buffered bypass, the effects loop is active while in bypass.
    * Accepts 9-18v DC.
  2. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

if it has anything (besides the effect loop) on my Enigma then by all means I'll havew to check it out!
  3. Eric!

Eric!

I'd highly recommend it! The original riiiips, so I can only imagine these bonus features are nutso.
  4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    I'd buy one of these. The blend and gain trimpot are welcome additions to an already bad*** filter.
  5. sillyfabe

in all honesty what is the difference between the enigma and the original GR? the enigma seems "wetter" and seems to have more control (in regards to choosing the start and stop freq). any reason why I should just sell my trusty Enigma for a GR1 or even GR2?
  6. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Disclosures:
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Me personally,...if sound and features of both units were too similar or attractive to sway my decision; I consider the person I am buying from. Spencer is a small time builder and I'm more inclined to support him than EHX. Lot's of people buy from EHX; they are doing fine without my support (who am I to say,...but that may just be my ignorant perception). Spencer stands behind his products and frankly,...I'd rather give my money to him.
  7. Steveaux

Steveaux

That seals it.

I know what I'm getting me for Xmas.

:D
  8. sillyfabe

warwick you make a damn fine argument! and yes steveuax you make a interesting thing to ask santa....I think the Enigma might get put on the classifieds soon to get a GR1 and then (hopefully santa) will bring me a GR2
  9. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

I didn't like the Enigma I had at all to many "gaps" in the sound. It really took work to get a good tone and the most frustrating thing about it was the sensitivity knob acted more like a gain which, should only be used in addition to an actual sensitivity control on a filter, not instead of one.

This GR2 looks awesome. I dug the original but my MXR82 eventually won out. I may have to give the new version a try ;)
  10. sillyfabe

ok so I did even more research and asking around and Im making the (hopeful jump) over to the GR. I put my Enigma up for trade with the hopes of a GR. Santa will (hopefully per my wife....) bring me a GR2.
  11. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

PHUCK!!! Self facepalm! I just bought the original, woulda totally waited if I knew this was comin! The effect loop being active in bypass is the huge one for me.
  12. fasto

fasto

+1, me 2
  13. sillyfabe

nothing wrong the original! im getting an original from spencer! in a trade and when i can get the funds I'll also have the GR-2 and have envelope filter bliss
  14. Valerus

Valerus

sechshay.
  15. Livewire

Livewire Yahtzeeee Supporting Member

I love my Groove Regulator. I wish Spencer was still doing mods to the original version, I'd love a wet/dry knob on my GR.
  16. TheMutt

TheMutt

Disclosures:
    Operations and Warehouse, Guitar Center Rancho Cucamonga
    Sweet!
    Now I just need a reason to play envelope filter stuff and this pedal is so totally mine. :atoz:
    Absolutely love the added features (especially the use of the pedal(s) in your effects loop instead of having to sacrifice them to the filter).
    Great work Spencer!
  17. G.Bisson

G.Bisson

In buffered bypass mode, is the buffer pre effects loop or post effects loop? A pre-loop buffer wont work well with a woolly mammoth in the effects loop.

Bandpass filter with a blend knob is a very appealing new feature. Before, the GR couldn't compete with the funkyness of the AF9's bandpass mode. A blend control is the one thing missing from the AF9. If the GR2 is anywhere near as funky in bp mode it would be the filter to end all filters. Unfortunately, between the AF9 and GR, all my filter needs are taken care of so I wont be investing in a new GR2... unless there is a trade-up program offered to us loyal TB users :D.
  18. Spencer!

Spencer! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Stompbox designer/builder for 3Leaf Audio & Darkglass Electronics
    The loop comes after the buffer. It couldn't be done any other way. This does change the behavior of a fuzz, but my Woolly Mammoth clone still sounds a hell of a lot better inside the loop than out.
  19. fivestringgecko

fivestringgecko Supporting Member

After owning/playing 17 filters, I knew the GR1 ended my search for "The Perfect Envelope" after only the first couple notes. The GR2 was instantly at the top of my G.A.S. list and will be my next pedal purchase.

A good choice in my opinion... it comes down to personal taste of course and the GR may not be for you, but I like the sound of the GR way better than the Enigma.

The announcement of the GR2 didn't disappoint me at all and I'll be keeping my GR1 when my GR2 arrives. I was planning on ordering a second GR1... that's how I found out about the GR2, went to his website. :)

I agree with Warwick's comment about supporting Spencer, I'll be a repeat customer without a doubt. The GR is KILLER, quality is top notch and I expect the GR2 will be just as good. It's also awesome to see him going to a grassroots level to get feedback on the new Tron clone filter he's working on.

Oh MAN, I can't wait til he gets working on his overdrive... I'm on the list for a prototype!! :bassist:

5sg.
  20. Time Consumer

Time Consumer

Well, not saying I wont get a GR2 but it wont be anytime soon, but I'll be sure to get it from spence once I have the money, gotta support the lil guys(seeing as I got the original used.)