3Leaf Enabler driving IEMs?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by FuturePrimitive, Dec 19, 2013.

1. FuturePrimitive

FuturePrimitive

So I'm (once again) going through a major rig overhaul and will be creating an ampless capable pedalboard as well as going to IEMs. My original plan was to go with some model of Sansamp, Rolls PM351 and a TBD wireless IEM. However, the Enabler has me intrigued, specifically can it handle the duties of both a preamp/DI and the PM351 all by itself? Can I drive the IEMs from the headphone out of the Enabler and feed a monitor mix into the AUX IN? The only thing I think its missing would be a "more me" knob but it looks like you could always turn down the aux ("less everyone else") input instead. Am I missing something obvious? Has anyone tried this?

2. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

I have a no amp IEM setup as well and it works great. The key is to get an IEM system that has 2 inputs. I have the Audio Technica M2 and one input is my aux feed and the other is straight off my pedalboard and through to the mixer. The trick is to not have any bass in the aux feed and adjust your "more me" levels in the IEM transmitter levels. Eliminating a bass amp helps a lot with the overall sound IMHO especially on small stages. I hear me fine and the sound out front is awesome. FWIW I use a Sansamp VT Bass pedal to help shape my tone and I'm really happy with it.