1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

3pc needs songs to make hot chicks in short, tight dresses dance and sing....

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Stinsok, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

...right in front of the stage. Played a wedding last weekend. The rest of the band finally had the "ah-ha" moment where they realized making girls happy is what it's all about. Hit me up with suggestions.
  2. ibateur

ibateur

Electrify the floor

What is your repertoire? Are they 80's? or do you play Bieber? That will determine the ages of the girls, and whether you go to jail or not.
  3. skwee

skwee

Short Skirt, Long Jacket; Dance to the Music
  4. pklima

pklima

What works for me: Sean Paul, Don Omar, Michel Teló, Buraka Som Sistema, Pitbull and Alexandra Stan. May not apply in Alabama, but IME these work better than Shakira, Rihanna or Lady Gaga, being more modern and more dance-oriented (except for Michel Teló obviously - but "Ai se eu te pego" is just special and is a huge statistical outlier).
  5. Richland123

Richland123

My 3 piece band plays lots of dance music and the ladies of all ages really shake it to these songs. These songs always get the dancers out and the ladies love songs that they sing along with; especially if there is a part or line in the song tailor made for audience participation.

Mustang Sally
    Gimme Three Steps
    Gimme All Your Lovin'
    Sharp Dressed Man
    Save A Horse, Ride a Cowboy
    Life Is A Highway
    867-5309 Jenny
    Jessie's Girl
    Fast As You
    Seven Nation Army
    Kryptonite
    Summer Of '69
    Hanky Panky
    Pink Cadillac
    Old Time Rock & Roll
    Long Cool Woman In A Black Dress
    Tube Snake Boogie
    Rockin' In The Free World
    Another Brick In The Wall
    Whip It
    Louie Louie
    I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)
    Wooly Bully
    White Wedding
    Running Down A Dream
    Bad Case Of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)
    Abracadabra
  6. bassmaster831

bassmaster831

Any michael jackson, any funk stuff (earth wind and fire, rick james, etc), and any new stuff on the radio (flo rida, jennifer lopez, pitbull, etc). Also kings of leon, the killers, the strokes, or any mew alt rock music. Ive played over 200 gigs in the past year and ive seen good response from girls to all this. The MJ never fails though hahah
  7. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Every single time "Cupid Shuffle" comes on the dance floor is flooded. I told them we should do it, why let the iPod get credit? I think they are actually interested. Most of our stuff is 80's/90's guitar heavy stuff. They want to play more wedding/party gigs. Branching out is the way to go.
  8. Kawai-chang

Kawai-chang

Bring the funk. Play the funk. Don't fake the funk.

Make it all about a beat that lets the girls hips sway. Slow groove, faster groove, just remember, girls want to hear beat & groove.

Check out some vids of The Meters.
  9. otherclef

otherclef

The 2 utimate movers...

I wish ( S.Wonder )
    Papa dont take no mess (J.Brown)
  10. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Dude, I'm the biggest Meters fan ever, but really , for making chicks dance the Meters is not a veery good choice.
  11. bigboy_78

bigboy_78 Supporting Member

Girls like dancing to songs they know. If it’s been in a TV ad, or a movie soundtrack or Greys Anatomy/Desperate Houswives/SATC/GenricChickShowOfTheMoment it’ll go over well.
  12. fraublugher

fraublugher

What if it's a thurs nite gig ? All the desperate/greys anatomy fans will be home watching
    it.
    /man-card REVOKED!
  13. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

What's the demographic of your usual crowd? Play whatever was a big hit when they were about 13-15. 20-somethings, that means early 2000s songs, 30-somethings, 90s songs, 40-something, 80s songs, etc.
  14. lfmn16

lfmn16 Supporting Member

Quiet Riot Mental health does it for us. Guaranteed to pack the floor; but we're old school metal, so it might not work for everyone. Also, you need a singer with a set of pipes.
  15. invader3k

invader3k Supporting Member

A lot of good suggestions. I'd also throw in "All the Small Things" and "When I Come Around."
  16. MarTONEbass

MarTONEbass Supporting Member

Bumping this one for more great song ideas!
  17. UncleFluffy

UncleFluffy

Disclosures:
    Head Tinkerer, The Flufflab
    Need pics of target audience to provide inspiration.
  18. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

I'm in a fairly successful three piece cover band and I wouldn't play one single song listed in this thread. Not for money, not for chicks, not for anything. lol
  19. fraublugher

fraublugher

Not even the meters Floyd ?
  20. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye

OK, you got me. I actually would play some Meters.;)