4 preferably 5 String medium scale non custom built?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MattyO, Jan 3, 2014.

1. MattyO

MattyO

If anyone is gonna know you guys/gals are. Where might i find a medium scale(31-33") 4 or 5 string bass that's of a decent build quality? Are there some lesser known brands out there dabbling in the medium scale market? I'm looking to spend less than $500. Am i dreaming or is this possible? Thanks!
  2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

I sure wish there were more of them, but the only production medium scale 5-er I am aware of is the Warwick Rockbass, and it is well over $500. They also have a 4.

There are a few 32" 4s from years past - Yamaha, Fender Japan Squier, Aria Pro II etc.

There are a couple of medium scale forums here - maybe you can do a search for more information. Good Luck
  3. MattyO

MattyO

Yeah I've noticed the pickings are very slim in this market despite what seems to be a reasonable demand for them. I forgot to add that i was looking for a P + J combo as well. The only one i've seen but i can't get in this country is the Gypsy Rose bass. I'd love to get one and spruce it up a bit.
  4. Espresto

Espresto

Look at a Jaguar or some of the other new Squiers. Also check for old Aria's and other Mastuomoko and Fujigen basses; there's a lot of oddballs to be found.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. MattyO

MattyO

I have a jaguar ss. it's a 30" scale. it's too small and short for my hands. i get cramped up on that little neck. I like some of the old arias but anything that isn't beat to hell they're asking a thousand bucks for. I'll check out some of the other Mastuomoko basses. I've never heard of Fugijen though. Thanks for that info.