1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

4 String Basses w/ 35" scale necks.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by itsJoeMeyer, Apr 5, 2014.

1. itsJoeMeyer

itsJoeMeyer

Hey everyone - long time listener, first time poster. Love the show !

Been playing 5 string basses for 12 yeas, and I want to make the jump back to a 4 string.

I'm looking for a 4 string bass that features a 35" scale neck. I'm familiar with the Peavey Cirrus, and ESP has a bunch of pointy metal basses with that kind of scale - but I'm looking for something in a more classic sense - P/J style bodies, or Stingray styled.

Active or passive electronics - either one.

I play music that uses low tunings, but we're not quite a metal band so the less pointy, the better hahhaa !

Cheers !

-iJM

2. cabcreaser

cabcreaser Supporting Member

Alien Audio out of Nashville offers a nice selection of 35" 4 strings. Chopper Anderson's double nordstrand p pickup configuration might be perfect for your needs.

http://www.alienaudio.us

3. itsJoeMeyer

itsJoeMeyer

Thanks Cabcreaser ! I'll look them up.

I'm also interested in replacement necks with that scale. J/P bass neck would be idea. I have a project Squire bass I'd like to screw around with.

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

There's a really nice mod'd Peavey Millennium 4 (35" according to the manual) in the classifieds for low dough. IIRC, it's now loaded w/ SD pickups in a passive configuration. Wish it were a five banger but you know how that goes.

Sorry to sound like a shill but I felt like it met your requirements to a "T".

Riis

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bobster

Bobster

Although discontinued, Ibanez 4-string BTB basses have a 35" scale length.

Bob