1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

410+115 vs 412

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by phoenixdown, Feb 29, 2004.

?

410+115 or 412

1. go for the stack! (410+115)

17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. ya only need the one! (412)

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

so what would you all say was best for me? unfortunatly i cant play them before i buy them but i'll give ya as much information about my setup as i can.

I play a fender p bass (i eq the amp with a boosted midrange but not too far like a sorta full sound but to have the midrange to punch through the guitarist) i use a pick and my fingers. i never slap or tap. i play in a rock band. im really not sure which setup would be best for my situation. if to have the 410+115 stack(Laney cabs) or if to go with a single 412 cab(marshall cab...yes its a bass model before any1 says its a guitar cab) anyway thanks for any information.
  2. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    You'll be way ahead of the game with the 410/115 rig. You get the punch and highs with the tens, and a little extra low mids with the 15.
  3. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

would the person who voted for the 412 like to give some insight into why they voted that way
  4. My bass in your

My bass in your

I'd consider 2x12" + 4x10".
  5. guyplaysbass

guyplaysbass

I've always dug 12's for loud rock. I ran an ancient Peavey 4x12 (large slant baffles, circa '78) with up-graded speakers, jacks, and wiring. I would run it bi-amped (2-12's x 2-12's). I think you would be surprised at what 12's can do for bass in a rock band. People always figured the cab had two 15's with the amount of bass it put out. I can't speak from personal experience as to the Marshall 4x12 bass cab but I would venture to guess it's probably close in design/sound/performance to the Peavey TVX 4x12 which is one seriously loud bass cab. YMMV, IMO, etc...
  6. phoenixdown

phoenixdown

well the reason i liked the marshall 412 was because i was watching my Bryan Adams dvd(yes im sad i admit it) and he was using marshall bass amps and what looked liked 412(pretty much same size as Kieth Scotts guitar amps but its still a guess) using a p bass and i was really impressed by his tone. ok so hes using like a load of cabs/heads and what looked like a 62 reissue fender but i dont have that kind of cash unfortunatly but i thought maybe i could get something similar from this option.
  7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

I haven't ever gotten to try them, but it sounds like my speaker choice will be 12's when I finally scrounge up enough moolah.