410 cab for under $1000

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by JohnC13, Nov 23, 2013.

1. JohnC13

JohnC13

I'm trying to gather any info or opinions for the best cab setup for under $1000. So far I have been looking at the Fender Rumble 350w w/ 410 cab for about $700 new
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Does it have to be a 410?
  3. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

4. bassmeknik

bassmeknik

Are you looking for a cab or a combo? Most 410's are under a grand. A quick check at the GC website showed all but 4 of the 20 different 410 cab offerings were under $1000
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chaosMK

chaosMK Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    I'd go used and just shop pateiently/wisely. That way you can get a $1500-2000 rig for your $1000.
  7. lustersilk

lustersilk

+100 to that - with a $1000 budget and some patience you can score something sweet
  8. JohnC13

JohnC13

All said and done for about a grand. (cab and head) It doesn't necessarily have to be a 410 but I like a tight punchy sound. I don't have much experience with larger amps always had small combos.
  9. MDBass

MDBass Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector-Dingwall-Aguilar-DR-Tech 21-Darkglass
    Definitely go used, you'll get exponentially more for your money, it's a serious buyers market right now...an Aguilar DB410 ($1200 new) just sold in the classifieds a few days ago for $500 ;)
  10. RMooreRAM

RMooreRAM

To me the BEST 410 cabinet for the money are the USED Ampegs BEFORE Loud Industries......the ones still made in the US. They are plentiful but if you get a good one hold onto it forever. Personally I have five Ampeg cabs ALL before Loud Industries acquisition and subsequent movement to China.
    I have SVT Heritage 115; 212; 48 (rare cab with 4 x 8" and horn only made one year); 410; and just found and acquired a Pro 1 x 10" plus horn >>> WOW. amazing for small gigs with total tone range and as loud as you need.

Bob Moore - South Carolina.
  11. bassmeknik

bassmeknik

An avid CL user, I bought my Ampeg SVT 4 Pro for $650 and my Ampeg 810 for $375... Look around you can get a great rig if you are carefull.
  12. cableguy

cableguy

Keep an eye on the TB classified. Most people here seem to take good care of their gear. You can get a great heads for around $350-400 shipped. I don't know your volume or tone requirements but you see GK 700RB-II's in that range a lot. Bulletproof and punch is it's middle name. Lots of micro heads used for 350-500 range depending on flavor. Lot's of mature bassist (code for getting old) sell off their 4x10 cabs in favor of smaller modular gigs. You can find used Ampeg, SWR, GK for days on CL for under $500. You can find Peavey TVX cabs for $300 used. I myself like the fEARful cabs and the 12/12/6 has punch for days. If you're handy with wood/tools you can build one for around $650. My 2cents....
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I agree with the Ampeg 410. I currently have 4 U.S. made SVT 410HE cabs. I usually only use 2 at a time but I know the U.S. made are getting harder to find so I plan on hanging on to all of them. I bought them used from 4 different people and paid between $250 and $300 for each
  14. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

The Chinapegs sound amazing and I actually enjoy my cabs made out of real wood with brighter sounding speakers. But hey thats just me! :D
  15. Jim Nazium

Jim Nazium Supporting Member

+1 on going used.

If you don't mind something that's pretty heavy, you should be able to get a used SWR, Eden, or Trace Elliot 4x10 for less than $500. That will leave plenty of $ for a head.

I'd also recommend at least being open to other speaker configurations. You might find something you like that you didn't expect.
  16. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Yep like a 212,412 or 215.
  17. carbonfold

carbonfold Supporting Member

Used GB Shuttle 9.2 and GK 412 Neo II. You can get these together under a grand and a stellar rig.

It might be too much rig for you ha! But both light weight as well.
  18. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

19. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsments listed in profile
    Revsound RS410T for $950
  20. basskillah

basskillah RWB Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FRS cabnets

Markbass 410hf FTW!
  21. Sollie7

Sollie7 Supporting Member

Can't go wrong with mesa either