410xlt, 410hlf, 410rbh + DB750?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by matt11, Nov 20, 2013.

1. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

Hi folks, need to buy a second hand 410 LOCALLY here in Montreal to go with my DB750. Aguilar cabs just don't show up that often, nor do Bergantinos, Schroeders, etc. around here. The Ampeg 410hlf, Eden 410xlt and GK 410rbh are usually available. I used to play my DB750 into an Eden 210xlt/210xst rig--liked that. So I guess a 410xlt would be okay too. But I'm NOT super fussy about my tone (mostly play old-school rock/pop/country). Any remarks on these pairings with DB750? Yes I've done some searches on the site.... Just looking for a bit more info from folks in the know who've tried those cabs with the DB750. Thanks.
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    I think (especially because you are fussy) that only your own ears can tell you the answer.
  3. lustersilk

lustersilk

I'm using the Eden D410 XLT right now and LOVE it.
  4. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Two 210xlt for sure. Vertical stacking wins.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. swing

swing Supporting Member

I would go for the Eden D410 XLT. I only use Eden cabs these days.
    I toured with an AMpeg head and the Ampeg 410HLF and couldn't get on with the sound. I replaced the cab with the Eden and everything opened up...
  7. dukeorock

dukeorock Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Authorized greenboy designs builder
    Interesting that all 3 of your choices are probably the top 3 used in pro back line situations. I've played all of those cabs so many times, it's silly :)

Eden XLT- considered the 'gold standard' by so many, you probably owe it to yourself to give one a spin. Personally, I'm not a fan of that cab, but a whole lot of folks are, so you should try for yourself.

Ampeg 410hlf- Ampeg has many a few really good cabs, but this ain't one of em, IMO. Just a boomy, mud box with no definition. Then again, it might be the biggest selling 410 of all time, so what do I know :)

GK 410rbh- of your three listed, this is far and away the best of the bunch, IMO. Punchier, pretty solid down low, etc. pretty heavy, but all 3 of your choices are, so that's a wash!

The vertical stacking of two 210's has a lot of merit, but I have two issues with the 2x XLT210.

1. I think Eden missed it with those cabs. They fart out so darn easy. In this case, I'd take the XLT410 I've two xlt210's any day, and I've toured both combinations heavily.

2. Your question was about 3 specific cabs, so maybe staying on topic is best :)

A good alternate 410 to consider is the Genz Uber410. Way lighter and a much better sounding 410. Same for the Genz 410XB2.

Good luck!
  8. AndyW83

AndyW83

The SVT410 is a monster
  9. will33

will33

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    I could live with any of them but the 410HLF would be quite a ways down the list for me compared to the other 2. As stated....it's a woof, mud box. You can dial out some of that but it just needs too much "fixing".

The Eden and the GK are 2 different flavors of good.

Specifically set on 410's or anything around there used for 215's or 212's?
  10. matt11

matt11 Supporting Member

Thanks for all the responses. I'm very familiar with the Eden cabs with Eden heads, and based on your thoughtful replies, if I can find a second hand 410xst I think that's the route I'll go for the DB750. Either that or a second hand (or clearout sale) Genz Uber 410. It seems that the Uber and the XST might work best with the DB750.