1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

4x10 Cabinets

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Mugr, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Mugr

Mugr

Hi guys,
    I am using a SVT3 and need to get a new cabinet for it. Any advice on relatively affordable 4x10?
    Currently looking at:
    Ampeg PF 410HLF
    Eden EX 410
    Gallien Krueger Neo 410 or MBE-II
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

What is available to you used?
  3. strictlybass_ic

strictlybass_ic Supporting Member

Definitely go used if you can. I couldn't find anything worth anything local and had to get new, so I talked to Dave over at Avatar. Solid cab for a pretty fair price.
  4. Bulldawg82

Bulldawg82 Supporting Member

Avatar or Carvin. You can also go used and get a good deal on an Eden D410XLT.
  5. sinbad7

sinbad7

I'd go carvin. I love their cabs and will probably always stay with them
  6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Or see if you can find a Genz-Benz Uber 410. Great cab, although expensive. But since GB gear is now limited to what's in stock, you might be able to find a good deal. I recently saw the Uber 212 advertised for a killer price. Can't remember if it was Pro Audio Star or Andrew's Music.
  7. Hopkins

Hopkins Supporting Member

I have a pair of GK 410 NEO's that I absolutely love, but they don't seem to work as well with any other amp besides my GK 700rbII.
  8. Mugr

Mugr

What about the cabs i suggested? Selection and prices are a bit limiting here in Switzerland...
  9. fabubass

fabubass

Hartke 4-10 XL
    Been using the same cabinet for 13 years, playing 3-6 nights a week. Use a Gk 1001RBll with it.
    Awesome!!
  10. sinbad7

sinbad7

Id go with the ampeg cab. If you've already got the SVT3, get the ampeg cab to match.
  11. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

I would not go with the SVT-410HLF. It has a big low end, but not a lot of mid content. Gets lost in the mix.
  12. kikstand454

kikstand454 Supporting Member

This exactly.
    I've used mine since 98. Awesome/ indestructible. Fairly cheap. If you're looking for a 410......I highly recommend it.
  13. GLEN18INCHSPICA

GLEN18INCHSPICA

If you want affordable keep checking you're local classifieds. People don't like to ship big cabs & they sell for relatively cheap all the time. I had a Peavey 410TVX or some model like that years ago that was good, pretty sure they aren't uncommon. I see Gallien Krueger cabs pop up as well as Hartkes & Peavey's all the time in my area. You'll have to research which cabs are better out of what becomes available. I've seen whole setups head & cab, cabs listed for very little coin.
  14. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I too have a SVT 3 Pro that I recently got through a trade. It came with a Fender Rumble 410 cab, which I was pretty skeptical about seeing how it was a rumble series cab. Boy was I wrong. Cab sounds really great for being a $300 (new) cab.
  15. Linnin

Linnin

I love the sound of Neo speakers, so I would go with the GK, but also look & listen to Fender Bassman Pro 410 Neo, and also MarkBass 410 Neo. They all sound really good and should be available to you all in a very close price range. Just pick the one you like best. :cool:
  16. chaosMK

chaosMK

Disclosures:
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    What is your budget? You can get fairly awesome cabs used these days.
  17. Mugr

Mugr

Lpooking to spend around 700$, tops. Can anyone say anything favorable about the ampeg 410HE?
  18. 1960jbass

1960jbass

Try the avatar B410. They sell them on Ebay and I got one brand new from the factory for under $250 with shipping. Best cab I have ever had!!
  19. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm Supporting Member

Sounds like half of an 810- more mid focused than low end.

I did not care for the SVT3Pro/410HLF pairing. Made the amp feel underpowered and muddy, which it really isn't. BUT if you play a 5 string and need that low end boom, it does it better than the HE. I'd just want more power in that case, like a 7 Pro.
  20. fishtx

fishtx Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses/Genz Benz - RIP/Mojo Hand FX
    with a $700 budget, you have a vast amount of options, especially used...might even consider two 2x10's...