1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

5-string Moon Bass - educate me?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bass_case, Dec 6, 2013.

1. bass_case

bass_case Used Register Supporting Member

Saw one of these for sale. I thought they mainly built P & J type instruments. This doesn't look like any of the basses on their website, can anyone provide some insight as to the vintage, model, quality, value etc.? I don't have a fiver, thought this might be a decent one.
    moonbass1.jpg

moonbass2.jpg
    Thanks.
  2. Oldboy

Oldboy

3. bass_case

Called the owner. He knows nothing about it, it was his son's. Couldn't see a model number, but found a serial #, 56134.
  4. bass_case

Model is an MBC-5. Haven't found much on pricing, saw an old add selling one for 35,000 Phillippine pesos. That's about $800.
  5. willgroove2

willgroove2

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    I owned the very same Bass for about 10yrs it was a 34' narrow spaced (maybe 17mm) 5 string with Barts. Mine was a bolt on with a ebony fingerboard and a mahogany body with a walnut top. Although I owned it it for a decade I never really bonded with due to the narrow spacing and set up issues but kept it around until I traded it for a Amp. Moon makes a similar bass called the Climb but I thing they used their own pickups and pre
  6. bass_case

Thanks for the info. The asking price on the one pictured is $600, I'm not into skinny necks so I'll probably pass.