1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

5 String Peavey

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kazz3lrath, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

2. NickTej22

NickTej22

I hear they're very nice sounding and high quality especially for the price. I personally don't care for the brand, but I hear good things. Especially if you're beginning, this is perfect.
  3. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

Do you think it would be worth $150?

EDIT: It's used, and I would have to buy before playing.
  4. fourstringbliss

fourstringbliss Supporting Member

Definitely worth $150! Great basses for the price, or more $ for that matter.
  5. MisterStompy

MisterStompy

Seconded. I've played that instrument before, and if the one I played is at all indicative, it's a very playable instrument for the price. Great, now I've used the word 'play' so much that it sounds weird. Play play play.
  6. Wallace320

Wallace320

It's well worth its price and usually (for example active Millenniums are always poppin' out here and there in Italy too) they just need a few neck overviewin' and a loose knob fixin'

It's all

Indo ones I'm repeatin', especially considerin' that kinda price, are hard to beat and they seldom turn out to be lemons

Cheers,
    Wallace
  7. optikhog

optikhog

^ this.

I picked one up on a whim about a year ago and it's now my main player. It's like silk. The biggest downfall would be how noisy the pickups can be when soloed but that's more an issue of the single-coil jazz bass design than of the bass itself. Go for it!
  8. baddarryl

baddarryl

+1!
  9. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Used BXP are usually fine for the money. Probably get to play it for a few years and sell is for a similar price.
  10. Kazz3lrath

Kazz3lrath

The seller does not know what year it is, and believes that is an Indonesian made bass. Any final things I should take in for consideration?
  11. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Indonesian-made Peavey BXP's are the ones you want. For $150 you'll be hard pressed to find a better deal.
  12. NickTej22

NickTej22

You can tell if it's the newer or older by the head stock I believe? They changed them.
  13. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

If you want an super loose and barely usable B string than import Peavey's are the place to look. Personally I would never recommend a Peavey 5/6 string to my students because if they think all B strings are that sloppy they'll avoid them. I know Peavey's B made me not like the B string.

If it was a 4 banger I would tell you not to hesitate though.