1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

5-String XL (or XXL?) Scale Pressure Wounds for Fretless? (39" Ball to Saddle...)

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DaRQsiDe, Jan 31, 2013.

1. DaRQsiDe

DaRQsiDe

Hi everyone,

I am basically looking (optimistically) for extra long pressure wounds (if they exists...) for my fretless 5. It is a body-through, and from the ball to the saddle, the length is 39". I am now using strings from NS design for their upright but would like to transition into "regular" bass strings...

:help:

Thank you :)
  2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Longest "Pressurewound" type strings are going to be Ken Smith Compressors. 38" Ball to Silk although the B string is tapered and slightly shorter... (37 and change)...

GHS Pressurewounds are 36.5"
    SIT Silencers are 37.25"
    Rotosound are 37"

:(
  3. DaRQsiDe

DaRQsiDe

:bawl:

Any good nickel roundwounds then?

Edit - Or halfwound rounds?
  4. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner: BassStringsOnline.com
    Yes...

I compiled a list on my site... but here you go:

Fodera Extra Long = 39.25" Ball to Taper
    R.Cocco Extra Long 39" Ball to Taper
    Thomastik-Infeld Super Long Scale = 39.75" Ball to Silk

GHS has some Bass Boomers that have a 44" winding Ball to Silk that were specially made. I am in the process of trying to get a hold of some...

A few more options open up if you go to Stainless Steel:

DR Extra Long Scale = 40.7" Ball to Taper
    Fodera Extra Long = 39.25" Ball to Taper
    Ken Smith = 40" Ball to Silk
    Rotosound = 39" Ball to Silk