1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

50 Years Ago Today

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kmonk, Feb 9, 2014.

1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    50 Years ago today, The Beatles made their first appearance on the Ed Sullivan and launched The British Invasion. Music would never be the same.

Attached Files:

2. Pentatonic

Pentatonic

Yay Beatles!
  3. GlennW

GlennW Supporting Member

It was a really really BIG shew.
  4. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self! Supporting Member

Collectively, the Beatles' Sullivan show appearances were one of the biggest life-changing experiences I've ever had! :bassist:
  5. Mike M.

Mike M.

Yessir! I've got the Beatles/Ed Sullivan shows on DVD. I'm definatley watching the Feb. 9th show tonight!

I can't believe it's been that long. Hell, I can't believe I've been around long enough to say "I remember 50 years ago...." I was 10 at the time and it does NOT seem like it was that long ago.

I'll never forget the next day at school. Everybody (even the teachers) seemed to be on a high we all couldn't come down from. My dad worked at Ford World Headquaters at the time and he even said the talk all day long was about the Beatles. For those who weren't around then, we had all been pretty beside our ourselves for the past 2 1/2 months since JFK was killed. We were SO ready for something to take the gloom away from us and the Beatles timing could not have been more perfect.

They pulled us right out of the trenches.
  6. southpaw723

southpaw723

I have loved the Beatles since I was twelve. Real life changing music. I was fortunate to see Paul McCartney when he came to Pittsburgh a few years ago.