1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

6 string Wenge fretless- Runic

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by walkabout23, Nov 4, 2013.

1. walkabout23

walkabout23 Supporting Member

0   0   0

Hello, This is full Wenge solid body, Wenge neck with Canary stripes and maple fret inlays. Weighs about 13 lbs but is well balanced, It has SGD neo humbuckers, Hipshot brass A style bridge 17.5 string spacing, Gotoh sealed tuning machines, Gotoh straplocks, String through option, Thomastik- Infeld TI-jazz flats (new). 35" scale length. set up passive but can house active electronics. This is hands down the best playing and sounding fretless 6 I have played and several other people have had the same comment. I play really light and the action @ the 14th is 1/8 of an inch and does not buzz or die out anywhere on the entire board.Events in life are forcing me to sell my bass. Asking $2,000.00 or preferably close best offer. If you have any questions please ask. Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. sfbabali

sfbabali

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

What are the 4 knobs for then?
    (if ran passive)
    :)

set neck?
  3. The Basstard

The Basstard Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0

Interesting bass. What is the neck width at the nut and last fret? Would you describe the electronics (switches, etc.)? Who is the luthier that built it (Runic???)? I'd like to see a few more photos (back of the body and neck, body shot full on, etc.)
  4. walkabout23

0   0   0

The nut width is 2 7/32 24th fret 3 5/16. The knobs are VVTT switches are neck s/s/p, pickup select, bridge s/s/p, and active passive switch. I had built this for myself and had to go though a couple life changes before I was able to put in a Pope flexcore system, but thats what I was going to load it with or the Delano Sonar system. The neck is a bolt on 6 bolt.
  5. walkabout23

0   0   0

back

Attached Files:

6. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    This looks super badass!!!
  7. kbass00

kbass00

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

the bass looks very unique, but could you post better pics and describe it more?

Is the bridge to close to the end of the body?
  8. ChrisCassisi

ChrisCassisi

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

Disclosures:
    Tone Bastards Cables
    Looks like this bass is now on the Guitar Center used site.
  9. wmheilma

wmheilma

0   0   0

Bet it sounds killer, but 13 lbs is a lot to hang on your shoulder for more than half an hour or so. I play a fretless 6 that is bubinga and wenge with ebony fingerboard. It is a hair over 12 lbs. It sounds awesome! But I sure don't play it all night long. Too heavy.
  10. Bergerman

Bergerman Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0

This is at the Guitar Center in Eugene. I checked it out the other day and the build quality was quite impressive. If it had been an unlined fingerboard I would have been hard pressed to leave it there!

No association with seller.