1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

'60 Precision stolen Dec 2010

Discussion in 'Lost & Stolen Gear' started by gigslut, Feb 22, 2012.

1. gigslut

gigslut

The trail may have run cold on this, but there is always hope. Stolen from a friend of mine in December of 2010 in St Louis, Mo. he is not on TBL so I told him I'd post for him.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

sn# 54455

[​IMG]

Taken with it was the heavily modded Ric on the left.

[​IMG]

PM me if you have any info, I'll put you in touch with the rightful owner. Police report filed, reward.

Edit: If you've seen either of these basses or have any information, call (the rightful owner) Mark Schilling of Concert Support Services @ 314 265-9007 or email CSSLITMark@gmail.com

2. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's Supporting Member

You never know when it will turn up. My friend owns a music store and bought an old cello a few months ago. He took it around to all the best shops to find out what it was and was worth, and then his violin teacher noted a repairman's signature on the bridge and contact the repair shop. It turns out it was stolen 15 years ago! The owner was VERY VERY happy to get it back.

Meanwhile, there is a company called SNAGG that will sell you a kit to hide a chip in your instrument with a serial number that can be tracked. It is identical to the chips that they put in pets. As more and more music stores, pawn shops and police departments get scanners, the gear will start showing up and getting recovered.

3. gigslut

gigslut

The owner has asked that I include his personal info so anyone with information can contact him directly.
    If you've seen either of these basses or have any information, call Mark Schilling of Concert Support Services @ 314 265-9007 or email CSSLITMark@gmail.com

4. gigslut

gigslut

While our primary concern is recovering the Precision, the Ric is rather unique and anyone who has info on it could lead us to the Precision.

5. Register to disable this ad