1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

62' Jazz Wiring with three knobs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TurkeypillSLEEP, Jan 16, 2013.

1. I am in the process of building my first Warmoth creation. It will have a wenge neck with a bloodwood board and Truoiled black korina body. I have some dimarzio PJ pups and a hipshot D style bridge for it. I was pretty dead set on using traditional jazz bass wiring but then I got the idea of employing a 62 style pot configuration. My body is rear routed and drilled for V/V/T with a side mounted output jack.

Is there such a thing as a 2 position rotary switch for series/ parallel?

Could I drill one of the holes to 1/2" to accommodate a gibson style toggle and wire that to series/parallel (if this is even possible)?

Is there any thing else that I could fill that hole with?

Is this just a convoluted idea that I should dismiss and move forward with traditional wiring.

Thanks TB

2. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Zagreb, Croatia
    The simplest way to get a series-parallel switch is to simply use a regular DPDT (six-contact) on-on switch. A Gibson toggle has only three contacts and has three positions, so that's no good. Two-position rotaries do exist, but I'd say they're a bit of an overkill.

When wiring the '62 style, don't forget the two 220k resistors. They're integral to the circuit.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.