1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. We are currently evaluating the "One Post Per Classified Ad" policy. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

62' Jazz Wiring with three knobs

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TurkeypillSLEEP, Jan 16, 2013.

1. TurkeypillSLEEP

TurkeypillSLEEP Supporting Member

I am in the process of building my first Warmoth creation. It will have a wenge neck with a bloodwood board and Truoiled black korina body. I have some dimarzio PJ pups and a hipshot D style bridge for it. I was pretty dead set on using traditional jazz bass wiring but then I got the idea of employing a 62 style pot configuration. My body is rear routed and drilled for V/V/T with a side mounted output jack.

Is there such a thing as a 2 position rotary switch for series/ parallel?

Could I drill one of the holes to 1/2" to accommodate a gibson style toggle and wire that to series/parallel (if this is even possible)?

Is there any thing else that I could fill that hole with?

Is this just a convoluted idea that I should dismiss and move forward with traditional wiring.

Thanks TB
  2. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

The simplest way to get a series-parallel switch is to simply use a regular DPDT (six-contact) on-on switch. A Gibson toggle has only three contacts and has three positions, so that's no good. Two-position rotaries do exist, but I'd say they're a bit of an overkill.

When wiring the '62 style, don't forget the two 220k resistors. They're integral to the circuit.