1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

62 Precision pickup for a 5 string?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Thedeadking, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Thedeadking

Thedeadking Supporting Member

I tried searching couldn't find an answer.

Does fender make a 62 type pickup for a 5 string or anybody know a maker that makes a 5 string pickup that gets close to that sound? I plan on dropping one in a Squire Modified precision V if anybody has any suggestions or pickup that are using in one.
  2. Hawkbone

Hawkbone Supporting Member

The Bill Lawrence P-46 gets a lot of love here and you often see it mentioned in threads where folks are also positive about the Fender '62 Original pups. It can be fit in both 4 and 5 strings, and is pretty cheap, so worth a shot IMO. I've got a '62 that I love and a P-46 I've yet to try. Need another P obviously!
  3. Thedeadking

Thedeadking Supporting Member

The sound clips sound pretty good from what I heard, and the price seems good as well I might have to get me a set in the near future.