1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

69 p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glutah, Dec 27, 2012.

1. glutah

glutah

What should I expect to pay for one in great shape? All original ImageUploadedByTalkBass.com1356666753.240480.jpg

2. glutah

glutah

This is the actual bass, buying it from a friend

3. Figjam

Figjam

Whatever you want between 7 and 11k

4. NOVAX

NOVAX

3K? a lot more or a little less? Vintage Fenders are tricky- beat down you can tell they are well played and are devalued because of it.
    Whereas nice condition makes me wonder how and/or why nobody has played it. Test drive first. It is a good time to buy. Cheers.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

a sunburst (non custom color) in nice condition should be 3K tops. Remember this is a private party sale, a dealer would want more obviously. Nice find, if you like it I would buy it, it will appreciate in value. I love mine

7. glutah

glutah

I was thinking 3000 tops, all original but no ash trays. Buying it from a friend and tber. Want to be fair...but not sell the house

8. glutah

glutah

Test driving for 4 hours now. I am in love

9. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I love the night life, I got to boogie....
    $7-11k???

Sorry, not even close.

$3k with case, common colour, all original but no covers is fair IMO.

A Retailer may ask $4499 or $4999, but it would sit forever.

10. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

3k-3200 sounds right in todays market, but are you sure it's a 1969? The one detail that tells me it might be more like a 71, is the longer G intonation screw. You really don't find those on 69's. Unless that bridge or intonation screw was replaced by someone along the way.
    Check the usual three spots for date stamps: the butt of the neck, the undersides of the pickups, and the pots (but they might have 66 dates on the pots). IME the pickups are usually the most accurate date to a Fenders completion.