1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

70 p bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by glutah, Jan 14, 2013.

1. glutah

glutah

Just did a session with a 70 p I am borrowing and considering buying. Got to play above the 12th fret a bit and damn, that thing sounds good but doesn't play that well. Are there any of them that play like a newer bass? My g and l's kill that thing as far as playability. I may have to figure out something to buy with my 2800 I have saved...the search goes on...
  2. lowphatbass

lowphatbass **** Supporting Member

While it's not the most ergonomic bass and doesn't have 24 frets any P-bass could/should be set-up to be quite playable all the way up the neck. It's possible the bass you played was set-up poorly, or maybe had a hump in the neck or excessive fret wear that made it difficult/impossible to hold a good set-up in the upper register.
  3. Sufenta

Sufenta Trudging The Happy Road of Destiny Supporting Member

My A-neck '72P plays every bit as well as my #8 L2K across the entire board.
  4. Bone

Bone Supporting Member

better go custom.
  5. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The new Fenders are really good. Check them out & save some dough.
  6. REMBO

REMBO Supporting Member

the new fender's kill!!!
  7. glutah

glutah

They don't though, I have played a ton of them and at least this one has a bottom that the new ones can't touch.
  8. Kevin aka Kebo

Kevin aka Kebo

Disclosures:
    Owner - Kebo's Bass Works
    The bass needs a setup and most likely a grind and polish. After that your good to go..
  9. Dave Hill

Dave Hill

Try a set-up. Mine plays and sounds like a dream.

[​IMG]