70s 80s song advice

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by DaveLaRue, Feb 12, 2013.

1. DaveLaRue

DaveLaRue

Hey I am preparing to a song contest with my school band.we are in trouble with song selection.we need a song that : doesnt goes same(ex:peter gabriel-sledgehammer), doesnt have any words like sex (ex:tom jones - sex bomb).I wrote 70s and 80s but you can suggest anything you have in your mind.Thanks
  2. bassinplace

bassinplace

So no verse, chorus, bridge? Something more progressive?
  3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Dave, just google 'top ten songs from 70's' .. then do it from 80's .. then pick from them what your band is capable of, and what meets your criteria for lyrics/titles ... if you cant find something in the top 10, try top 20, and so on ... JMHO
  4. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson

You could try "Addicted To Love" (Robert Palmer). I don't think the lyrics would offend anyone, it's simple to learn, and it's one of those songs everyone knows and never fails to get the audience singing along. Just a suggestion, but everyone likes that song. Your audience might like to think they're immune to the stuff - oh yeah!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassfuser

bassfuser Supporting Member

Do something by the Dixie Dregs! ;) (A play off your name)

How about "Rosanna" by Toto?

There are many Steely Dan songs to choose from:
    Peg
    Josie
    Pretzel Logic

Something by Bad Company
  7. DaveLaRue

DaveLaRue

First thanks to everyone :)
    I make searchs on google everyday at least 2 hours but 70s 80s funk is usually goes same chic , johnson brothers etc. I like Toto but we dont thing about playing africa hold the line or rosanna , Im gonna listen the songs that you said