1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

70s P bass on reverb.com

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by mordechai, Mar 9, 2014.

1. mordechai

mordechai

Dec 8, 2007
    Maine
  2. aetheldrea

aetheldrea Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Santa Paula, CA
    I'm no expert, but the "Made in USA" on the waterslide looks sloppy, and there's no serial number anywhere. Scary.

3. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  4. froghat

froghat Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2009
    Poughkeepsie, NY
    Plus it appears to have the truss rod adjustment on both ends of the neck. I wouldn't touch it.

5. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish Supporting Member

The decal is fine, somebody did remove the serial number probably long ago, truss adjustment at butt of neck, great deal for 799 shipped if frets/neck are good

6. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    Thats 100% legit, I just sold a early '76 in that same color with a rosewood board and non original electronics for $1500 and kept the original case I will get another $100 for. This one is a 77 or later because the tuning machines are chrome and not nickel but still thats a $1200-$1400 bass as it sits. Looks like the pickup and maybe the pots are the only non original parts.

7. dave79

Oh you''d get 100 if it was beat to heck, nice shape closer to 2 these days

8. A-Step-Towards

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    Yeah its just finding a buyer, I settled on $120 picked up rather then hassle around with tying for more.

Is reverb a legit place to buy stuff? Never heard of this site, it seems sketchy but I guess thats due to me not being familiar with it.

9. superflybass

superflybass Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2004
    La Crosse WI
    Reverb is completely legit. Much easier to sell on then ebay .

I use it personally and so does the company that I work for

10. A-Step-Towards

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    Thanks, I will look into it more because I am tired of ebay.

11. I've had great buying and selling experiences on reverb as well. It's a great idea, and it's gaining serious momentum as an ebay competitor for the musical instrument market.

12. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Sergeantsville, NJ
    I agree about reverb. I got a bass from them and before sending it out the asked me what kind of strings and set up I like. It came to me with a nice low set up and TI flats. I'm sure they made money but it was a nice touch.

13. dave79

TI flats, that is a solid hookup there

14. Ebay has become a total ripoff with their high fees combined with the Paypals outrageuos fees.

15. Just wanted to point out that you had a cool seller on Reverb (Reverb doesn't sell things, they just host ads for other sellers, similar to eBay). So reverb didn't hook you up with TI flats, a generous seller using Reverb did. Reverb rules (and is very addicting)!

16. +100!

Has it always been 10%? I've sold a ton of things on eBay but was shocked to learn this recently. 10% to eBay + 3% to Paypal (which is owned by eBay if I'm not mistaken) = ripoff!

I only sell little things on eBay now. I've bought and sold several things on Reverb and it's great. Much simpler to post ads and just organized much better.

17. A-Step-Towards

Nov 16, 2009
    Los Angeles California
    I have sold small things on eBay , last week I sold my first guitar and got bent over on it. I mean my ass hurts still to be that graphic. I got way less then I should have and the fee's slammed me so hard. Its embarrassing how little it went for a lowballer on craigslist would have given me more, never again.

Reverb is slightly confusing to me as I wish it had stuff in some order like whats newest or ending soonest because I get on and see the same stuff. I guess I dont know it well enough.

18. Mrzonehead

Mrzonehead

Jan 3, 2013
  19. wodock

wodock Supporting Member

Aug 29, 2007
    Sergeantsville, NJ
    Yes you're right. I did get the bass from the Chicago Music Exchange. I wondered if they are connected because a while back I got a new guitar from the Chicago Music Exchange and received literature from Reverb with my order. That's how I found out about Reverb.

I also agree that Reverb could set up their web site better or easier...

20. Chicago Music Exchange is incredible. I can't remember if I bought something from them, but I did inquire about a bass they had on Reverb and their customer service is awesome. Top knotch.

21. mordechai

mordechai

Dec 8, 2007
    Maine
    I'm pretty sure reverb is based out of Chicago and I think one of the guys that started it also works at Chicaco Music Exchange.