1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

70's Peavey Foundation Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhagler, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhagler

dhagler

Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies (and move it accordingly):

A co-worker says he has a Peavey Foundation, three tone sunburst, made in the 70's and never played. He wants to get some idea of its worth.

Where can he (or I guess me, since I am on here asking) get that kind of information. I've skimmed eBay and saw other Peavey Foundations, different model years, ranging from $200 to $500.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Arial Bender

Arial Bender Supporting Member

I don't think they made foundations in the 70s, get serial # and check wiki. You are not allowed to ask what it's worth here.
  3. dhagler

dhagler

My sincere thanks, Ariel Bender.

Moderators, please lock this thread. I didn't know.
  4. Immigrant

Immigrant Supporting Member

You can ask those types of questions all day long with a supporting membership. It's only $20 and you'll feel good about yourself.:p
  5. elgecko

elgecko

I believe you can ask for purchasing purposes.
  6. fucanay

fucanay

I don't know how much top dollar is, but they are an amazing value overall. I got one in a trade a while back for a guitar amp I wasn't using and I doubt I'll ever sell it due to the fact that I can't think of a bass of that quality for what they sell for. Plus, mine is near mint. It's not great for everything, for instance I didn't love it playing a really heavy rock band with rounds on it. But it's superb with flats on it and that's what I'll be using it for.
  7. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

A Peavey Foundation will sell for under $200. At that price, it's the best deal on the used market.
  8. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani

I got a good one last year off craigs list for $85, with OHSC. I sold it for $125 at the guitar center for $125. The guitar center did not want the case with it. They are one of the best basses out there for the money.

They are just not for me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.