1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

70's Peavey Foundation Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhagler, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dhagler

dhagler

Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies (and move it accordingly):

A co-worker says he has a Peavey Foundation, three tone sunburst, made in the 70's and never played. He wants to get some idea of its worth.

Where can he (or I guess me, since I am on here asking) get that kind of information. I've skimmed eBay and saw other Peavey Foundations, different model years, ranging from $200 to $500.

Thanks in advance.

2. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

I don't think they made foundations in the 70s, get serial # and check wiki. You are not allowed to ask what it's worth here.

3. dhagler

dhagler

My sincere thanks, Ariel Bender.

Moderators, please lock this thread. I didn't know.

4. Immigrant

Immigrant

You can ask those types of questions all day long with a supporting membership. It's only $20 and you'll feel good about yourself.:p

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. elgecko

elgecko

I believe you can ask for purchasing purposes.

7. fucanay

fucanay

I don't know how much top dollar is, but they are an amazing value overall. I got one in a trade a while back for a guitar amp I wasn't using and I doubt I'll ever sell it due to the fact that I can't think of a bass of that quality for what they sell for. Plus, mine is near mint. It's not great for everything, for instance I didn't love it playing a really heavy rock band with rounds on it. But it's superb with flats on it and that's what I'll be using it for.

8. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

A Peavey Foundation will sell for under $200. At that price, it's the best deal on the used market.

9. svlilioukalani

svlilioukalani

I got a good one last year off craigs list for $85, with OHSC. I sold it for $125 at the guitar center for $125. The guitar center did not want the case with it. They are one of the best basses out there for the money.

They are just not for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.