1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

70's Peavey Foundation Value?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dhagler, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moderators, if this is in the wrong forum, please accept my apologies (and move it accordingly):

A co-worker says he has a Peavey Foundation, three tone sunburst, made in the 70's and never played. He wants to get some idea of its worth.

Where can he (or I guess me, since I am on here asking) get that kind of information. I've skimmed eBay and saw other Peavey Foundations, different model years, ranging from $200 to $500.

Thanks in advance.

2. Arial Bender

Arial Bender

Oct 28, 2012
    Largo Fla.
    I don't think they made foundations in the 70s, get serial # and check wiki. You are not allowed to ask what it's worth here.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. My sincere thanks, Ariel Bender.

Moderators, please lock this thread. I didn't know.

5. You can ask those types of questions all day long with a supporting membership. It's only $20 and you'll feel good about yourself.:p

6. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
    I believe you can ask for purchasing purposes.

7. fucanay

fucanay

Aug 4, 2007
    I don't know how much top dollar is, but they are an amazing value overall. I got one in a trade a while back for a guitar amp I wasn't using and I doubt I'll ever sell it due to the fact that I can't think of a bass of that quality for what they sell for. Plus, mine is near mint. It's not great for everything, for instance I didn't love it playing a really heavy rock band with rounds on it. But it's superb with flats on it and that's what I'll be using it for.

8. smcd

smcd

Jun 28, 2009
    Boston, MA
    A Peavey Foundation will sell for under $200. At that price, it's the best deal on the used market.

9. I got a good one last year off craigs list for $85, with OHSC. I sold it for $125 at the guitar center for $125. The guitar center did not want the case with it. They are one of the best basses out there for the money.

They are just not for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.