75 AVRI Jazz bass maple with cream binding and peral blocks????

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dredmahawkus, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    Did Fender make a one off? Has anyone seen this on ebay? Its American....has a 74 jazz logo....a 75 jazz neck with the bullet....covers come installed...my 75 with black blocks came in the box not installed. has the tilt-a-neck....I dont get this! check it out! If they didnt want 600 more then a regular 75 reissue I would get this! I cant read the serial number on the neck plate.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fender-Amer...w-/111295948300?pt=Guitar&hash=item19e9c1660c

2. esa372

esa372

Strange beast, for sure... but, WAY overpriced, IMO.

3. Neener

Neener Grumpy Old Dog Supporting Member

If it was an original '75 maybe, but a new one that got by Fenders "quality control" does not make it worth the extra money in my opinion.

4. Sputnik Monroe

Sputnik Monroe

Clearly the seller is wrong about the blocks, as black is less common than pearl ...

And as seen here very early 75s had a 4 bolt neck, from leftover 74 parts shipped January 1975 3 bolt is correct for the
    other 99% of 1975 Jazz Basses.

[​IMG]

And yeah that price is WAY high ... you can get an original for that.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Dredmahawkus

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    The black is less common for a real 75....but the re-issue 75s never came with white blocks only black on maple....white on rosewood.....I wonder if this is a one-off since they discontinued the 75 reissue for the 74.

7. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

The US 75 RI was very incorrect. It had the wrong color black blocks.
    Real 1975 Jazzes had pearl blocks wether it was maple or rosewood, the black ones discontinued at the end of '73.

8. shrimpflea

shrimpflea

This is true of a lot of Fender re-issues...but from what I've read there not oversights by Fender, just marketing decisions.

9. Dredmahawkus

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    I know what real vintage are like...and oddly in my mind when I think of the reissues....I think of a modern fender that kinda looks like an old one from a certain period...because the AVRI are so not correct. I'd still like to know why Fender slapped that neck with the 74 logo bullet truss 75 body....75 neck thickness not the chunky 74 avri neck...together! I was always wishing they had a maple/pearl combo back a few years ago when I had my 75 AVRI....then I got one when the 74 AVRI came out...and now I have neither! lol

10. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Buy the one one ebay! it's not sold yet.

11. Ender_rpm

Ender_rpm

I have an '84 MIJ 75 RI with the pearl blocks and 3 bolt neck plate. It was an insta buy, as I really DON'T like the black blocks. Recently put a set of Model Js in it, and man, what a bass. Had it for about 8-9 years, and it keeps getting better.

12. Dredmahawkus

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    ...but that one is an american! thats why its weird they never did the white blocks!

no way I am buying that...its like $600 more then a black block usually goes for new! same price as a 74 AVRI....and my 74 AVRI blew the 75 AVRI out of the water! they are 10xs the bass and worth the price increase this year! the pick ups sound much better! more full sounding!....fit and finish it just feels like better quality....the fret work is great on the 74! you can get the action as low as you want.

13. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

TEN times better than the '75 AVRI?! Geez, I never realized that my '75 was such a dog. Might you be exaggerating just a tad??!! ;)

14. basskal77

basskal77

man love the jazz bass in the pic

15. Dredmahawkus

Disclosures:
    I stuck a bass in my
    I had both...the 75 is better then the standard...but the 74 was much better then the 75 in quality. Fender knows exactly how to make a $2000 bass just that much better then a $1500 bass.....the 74 pickups are smooth and even sounding...the 75s are tinny and weak compared to. the fretwork on the 75s are no where near the level of fretwork they put into the 74s! they actually level the 74s!! The 74s blow the 75s out of the water...and if you had one for a bit you would know....trust me I thought the 75 was amazing until I got the 74! now I have neither because the selects blow them both out of the water!!! so now I have a couple of them instead.

16. esa372

esa372

Naah!