1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

75 AVRI Jazz Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by bmb73, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bmb73

bmb73

Just curious what strings you currently have on you 75 AVRI Jazz. I have Marcus Miller's on them which actually sound pretty good.
  2. The Nameless

The Nameless

I have D'addario ProSteels on mine. Killer. I use these strings wit all my Jazz basses. Funny enough, I have an American Deluxe 5 strung up wit a gift set of Marcus' Signatures. I like them, and wondered if their sound wouldn't be more at home on my passive 75. I love the 'Steels on this 75 J, tho.
  3. armybass

armybass Supporting Member

Right now I have a set of Foderas on mine and I like them quite a bit.
  4. vin*tone

vin*tone Supporting Member

5. bmb73

bmb73

I like the Marcus', they really sound good. But you know how strings are, I just switched to TIJF's. I knew I should not have started the thread lol....:bag:
  6. bassist4dalord

bassist4dalord

I played a 75 AVRI that belongs to my friend. He swears by Ernie Ball Slinky rounds. Decent, but somewhat uninspiring. Gets the job done!
  7. Cougmeister

Cougmeister

How's the low b on those? On my deluxe 5, I have d'addario xls and the b is really floppy.