1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

75 Precision...what happened?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by tonynoriega, Dec 1, 2012.

1. tonynoriega

tonynoriega Supporting Member

I am taking photos of my '75 Precision in anticipation of selling it within a few months, and it worked fine before I disassembled it to take the shots. When I reassembled it and plugged in in, it's malfunctioning.

First off, the pickups are live when the volume knob is in the off position...that in itself is a mystery. Secondly, it doesn't sound even close to normal when it's generating sound from playing the strings.

I just took the pickguard and pickups off and looked at all the connections and can't see anything at all that looks out of place. Where do I start, and what do I do, to find out what the problem is?

Thanks!