8 Gibson Nonreverese Thunderbirds in stock ready for shipping

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by godofthunder59, Nov 10, 2012.

1. godofthunder59

godofthunder59 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Cataldo Basses, Whirlwind products, Thunderbucker pickups
    If this is not appropriate my apologize to the moderators. For those interested The House Of Guitars in Rochester NY just got in 8 Pleham Blue NRs. I don't make a dime on this just helping out a still standing independent store and putting players and basses together. The HOG will treat you right and you'll be one of the first to have one of these bases. If you are interested Call Curt at 585-544-3500 here is a quick pic. of mine I brought home.[​IMG]

2. swamp2

swamp2

Ah... the good 'ol HOG... May stop up there tomorrow. I have received many a fine deal from Curt there over the years... My SG Supreme Bass was $899. Got a drop dead gorgeous Guild AAA Bluesbird in cherry sunburst for $540 a few years back. There's been others...

It is nice to see a funky independent shop still hanging in there. Was thinking about going out to GC to check out the $699 Fender Am Special Precisions that there's been postings here about - but I know HOG will at least match it and I'd rather give them the biz....

Curt is a good dude.

3. mr p taylor

mr p taylor

bumping a thread about an independent music shop.

4. mtandrews

mtandrews

that's a nice looking slab!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Rob L

Rob L Supporting Member

Nice looking bass. Thanks for posting the lead on these as I don't think anyone else has any in stock yet. I agree it's nice to support a independent store.

7. swamp2

swamp2

Actually I mis-remembered... My SG Supreme bass (week 1 GOTW) was $799 from HOG, not $899. Good deal, I still love the instrument.

Anyway, yeah - the place is definitely worth supporting. It's not everybody's cuppa to visit - very cluttered, cramped but I don't think you'll ever find another guitar store with as much character. They do seem to be pretty tight with Gibson - have factory reps in there & special Gibson sale days pretty regularly. Maybe it's because Henry J was from Rochester & has a long standing relationship with 'em.

8. Immigrant

Immigrant

That's beautiful! Congratulations!

Is it getting the bridge/tailpiece treatment?