1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

8 string brass tune-o-matic / tailpiece

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by archtopper, Aug 25, 2012.

1. archtopper

archtopper

i've recently acquired a stars guitars (alembic) electric mandocello that has a replacement TOM bridge and tailpiece - i'd like to restore to as close as i can to the original, so i'm looking for an 8 string brass TOM bridge and 8 string brass tailpiece - any ideas of where i could fine such a piece

2. archtopper

archtopper

3. FunkMetalBass

FunkMetalBass

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: J.C. Basses
    I couldn't find anything on the net (then again, it's a really big place). If it's Alembic, I'd just contact them directly. They're still in business and going strong, and I'm sure at least one person there is familiar enough with your instrument to get you a replacement bridge.

4. archtopper

archtopper

stars guitars was a company formed by a few ex-alembic guys, so the parts aren't actually alembic parts....similar though - i contacted alembic and didn't get a response - i may try phoning if i can't locate something elsewhere

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Roscoe East

Roscoe East

Dude!!! Pics! We gots ta have pics!!!!!

7. archtopper

archtopper

8. archtopper

archtopper

still looking bump

9. Derek Balonek

Derek Balonek

I think Hipshot does custom pieces. I don't know what it would cost though.