1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

8 String (Octave) 2 Piece Bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Herrlster, Dec 7, 2012.

1. Herrlster

Herrlster

Hey, so I'm looking around for a good 8 string bass bridge. I see a few of the one piece bridges but I'm only looking for the 2 piece bridges.

[​IMG]

one like this would be great.

Does anybody know where I can buy one?
  2. Rip Topaz

Rip Topaz

Disclosures:
    Beta tester for Positive Grid
    Email Hipshot. They don't have a stock model but I'd be willing to bet that they could modify one of their bridges to work, or make you one.
  3. Herrlster

Herrlster

Good idea. I sent them an e-mail, maybe they could modify the saddles on their 2 piece to accommodate 8 individual saddles for an 8 string bass. Just gotta wait for a reply.

I also e-mailed Dean and Schecter about buying one of their 2 piece bridges that come with their 8 string basses. Again just gotta wait for a reply.

Any more ideas?
  4. youngboy

youngboy

Look at the stock Shector Research(spelling?) 8 string... that should work.
  5. sonic 7

sonic 7 Supporting Member

What ever you end up using , I think you need one that has seperate saddles for the octave strings , I've seen some that are just modified 4 string saddles and I dont see how you could get correct intonation without adjusting the octave strings independently from the main strings.