810 for a fender bassman 300

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Ifriff, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Ifriff

Ifriff

What's the best 810 cab? Should I go SVT?
  2. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Its pretty subjective on what is "Best". Every one will have their personal preference for one reason or another. Some like sealed 810's, some like ported, some with or with out tweeters. The best thing you can do is go out and play with your bass and amp through as many cabs as possible to see what appeals to you.

Now if you are just looking for a cab recommendation for that amp, I suggest you *don't* buy an 810. Instead check out the greenboy Dually built by one of greenboy's Authorized builders. A fraction of the weight of an 810, but will pound with that tube head.
  3. Ifriff

Ifriff

Believe it or not I like the way this amp sounds with a 210 at our rehearsal space. I think I'm gonna need to push more air on some stages though
  4. Mykk

Mykk

If you want to stay with the Fender brand, I've been very pleased with my Fender PRO 810. Loud and powerful, although the mids are a bit "bland"
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

Dude, just get the Ampeg.
  7. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

If you find a good deal on a mid 1990's 810 ..... just drop a couple of the Jensens MODs in the top 2 or if you can afford 4 do it ... it will give you the high mids that's lacking in those cabinets . I did it till I got tired of hauling that cab.......
  8. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    There's no need for than two Jensen Mod's. I had four but that was only because my '98 had four thrashed speakers.

As far as cabs, I'd look for a cheap used 810 or something like the newer Green Boy designs like the Dually. Just as much oomph without the weight.
  9. Floyd Eye

Floyd Eye Banned

I have a mid 90s fridge and I like the speakers just fine stock. The thing is a monster and has made me happier than any other piece of gear I own. It's stupid heavy for sure, but way worth it in my opinion.
  10. ahc

ahc

Then why don't you get another matching 2-10? Stack them vertically and you should be good. Cheaper and easier to move. Just be sure that the ohm requirement of your head will match up with the two cabs.
  11. M. Owen Santy

M. Owen Santy Banned

Disclosures:
    Michael Tobias Designs Kingston Series & Traynor Amps Artist
    Ashdown MAG 810 or Taynor tc810 are both excellent choices as well, and are much easier on the wallet.

Another option - Traynor makes an 8x8 that sounds absolutely fantastic. That's what I would be running had I not run into my new Wizard cabs for such a good price.