SOLD 83 G&L SB2, OHSC

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Eo Reilly, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eo Reilly

Eo Reilly Supporting Member

G&L SB-2 1983*Vintage First Generation "Patent Pending" Bass Guitar. Black w/ Maple Neck. This bass is in very good condition; I would give it a 9/10 conservativly. There is one small pencil tip ding on the top bout between the two pickups along with a few "swirls" in the black finish. There is a series of small dings on the lower back (don't show up well in the pic) and one on the back corner near the strap holder, along with some "swirls" again in the finish. These are mentioned for disclosure purposes. The frets show little wear, and the back of the neck is completely free of dings/markings/scratches. It plays extremely well, and is presently sporting chromes. "Patent Pending" notation is on the headstock and on the gold tag on the backplate. Electronics are working great and sound big.
    The case is in good condition inside. Outside all latches work properly, but there is a strip of duct tape on one corner. The case doesn't seem to be broken there, but the tolex may have separated at that seam. The tape was present when*the second owner purchased the instrument.
    I purchased this bass a couple of years ago from a player who purchased it in 1988 from the original owner. The original owner played out with the bass, but had taken good care of it. The second owner only used it for home recordings. Since coming to NY it has never left my home. Now looking for a new home.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

$725 shipped CONUS. $650 if picked up locally. Sorry, no trades. Thinning herd in preparing to move.

2. hotbass57

hotbass57

Bump for this black beauty.

3. mars67

mars67

UPS is out there somewhere with the Blonde beauty I just bought from you. I missed out on it's red sister the day before. Now you post this for me to drool over. What else do you have stashed away over there?!?!

4. Eo Reilly

Up next is a 2000 L2000; after that have some tough choices to make.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Eo Reilly

gotta like the case

7. krustwell

krustwell

Have it's twin. Best bass ever. Love, love, love, love....

8. Bean639

Bean639 Supporting Member

+1

9. Eo Reilly

$650 if picked up locally.

10. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Supporting Member

11. spufman

spufman

One of the simplest and best Jazzesque basses ever made. Mine is on the short permanent keeper list, honks like no other and always makes me smile. So bump for this excellent deal.

12. sen0928

sen0928

13. Eo Reilly

Just one more day for this one then I'll have to close due to prior commitments.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.